Sunday, January 6, 2013

How do I fix a new apartment from scratch?

Q. I'm going through a divorce and have to start over again.
I really don't know where to start , with cash being tight right now.
any help would be most appreciated.
Thank You one and All.

A. Im sorry for what youre going through, that must be really difficult. however, there is a bright side! youll be out of your crappy relationship soon and on your feet in no time...

as for your question...

I had next to noooo money when I moved into my new apartment. Craigslist and IKEA were seriously lifesavers. I got a set of REALLY NICE couches on craigslist, the woman I got them from was looking to have her floors redone and just wnated them out of her house by the next morning...perfectly nice, modern looking couch and loveseat for FREE. I also got my matress set from craigslist, from some kid who was moving, spur of the moment out to cali (I live in boston) and needed to sell his almost new jordans furniture queen sized mattress and boxsprings...I got them under a year old, valued at 1200 for only 200 bucks. If you look, and you must look, and be vigilent you can seriously find the most amazing deals on craigslist. I have a beautiful apartment, all of my friends comment on how gorgeous it is when they come over for the first time, and seriously to furnish two bedrooms, living room, kitchen total I must've spend less then $1500 bucks. which, when you think of it, is a steal. and Im including the prices of flatwear, kitchen wear etc. that I got all from IKEA so inexpensively. Good luck, it can be done! You just have to be creative


Help! What warehouses sell bedroom sets in a bundle?
Q. The only one I can think of is Bob's furniture.

Jordan's sell the bedroom sets separately, but can anyone tell me other werehouses that sell the entire bedroom set? Thank you.

I'm looking for something around New England, and that is a very well known company.

Will pick best answer, thank you!

A. Why limit yourself? A bedroom set isn't a bedroom set if it does not include the specific pieces you desire and want to spend your hard earned money on. These so called �bundled deals� that are often advertised may be forcing you to buy a nightstand you don�t want or may not include the dresser and mirror you need. Even stores that sell the pieces separately will offer you discounts for buying multiple pieces of furniture. If they don�t go on to the next store. Finally don�t forget to ask about discount for paying in cash and not using credit card or financing.


New England Red Sox fans?
Q. Like myself, are you kicking yourself in the butt for NOT going to Jordan's Furniture and buying that living room, dining room, or bedroom set you wanted?

A. My wife's been bugging me for a new bedroom set for a while now. I was going to get one at Jordan's, but then I found out that the Monster Deal was wasn't good for entire bedroom sets, just beds.

We'll probably get one from Bob's. They have really good prices and we're very happy with the living room set we got there.


Just bought a new house & we need a TON of furniture...?
Q. Please give me your thoughts on...
Jordans
Bernie & Phylls
Cardi's
Bob's Discount Furniture
Any other good ones? We live in South Shore, MA

THANK YOU!!

A. I'm not familiar with your part of the country, so the best I can do is advise that you check out the thrift stores, used furniture stores and resale/consignment shops in your area. A lot of times, you can find whole sets/suites (dining room, bedroom) in good condition for very reasonable prices. Often times, you can also find matched sets of lamps as well. Make sure that you bring a light bulb with you to test lamps.

Should you decide to go this route, one thing I will advise that you do is to purchase your mattress sets new and consider protecting your investments with the bed bug protection mattress covers - one each mattress and box spring. While they can be a bit on the pricey side for the bigger sized beds (queen, king), it is well worth the expense to prevent an infestation where you lose all of your upholstered furniture, beds and carpeting and have to start over again from scratch (no pun intended).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I fix a new apartment from scratch?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment