Monday, January 7, 2013

Teen bedroom ieas?

Q. I need ideas for a female teen's bedroom. My room has wooden walls, kind of like a cabin, wood floors, high ceilings, and sliding glass doors with a balcony. I already have a queen bed and a furniture set, but I need decorationg ideas. I was thinking some chinese paper laterns and maybe a small cafe table with two chairs for the balcony?

A. I think it would look nice with any neutral colors. Is the comforter for your bed a brownish color?
with wood floors, you should always have a rug.
Get some valances for any windows. some bed-in-a-bags come with valances.

If you live in a warm climate, you could set a tanning area up. Put a few towels, a lawn chair, maybe even a kiddie pool for splashing your feet in, with a stereo of course!
I would put a few chairs there, a cafe table is a great idea.
In the room, sconces sound like they would go nice with the wood feel.

Do you have a coordinating dresser/chest/bed frame/armoire set?

It would be cool to have natural things on the wall, like you could frame some leaves. that would be neat. in the fall go find some leaves, and put them in picture frames around the room, have at least several.

blue goes nice with wood and brown also.

a floor lamp would be cool.

on the wall with the most windows , or the wall with the door, you could paint it a dark brown or a dark blue. the other walls parallel to that wall would be painted dark brown/dark blue also. the other walls would be a light brown/blue.


What rug would look good with this comforter set?!?
Q. Hi! So basically I got brand new furniture for my room for my birthday! I was wondering what type of rug would bring everything together:]

This is the furniture I got:

http://www.raymourflanigan.com/perspectives-4pc-queen-bedroom-set-599044446.aspx

(its all black)

This is the comforter set:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=75202&CatID=75202&Grptyp=ENS&ItemId=17af45f&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-Google-_-Bedding-_-Seventeen%20Empress%20Luxe%20Mini%20ComforterSet

( I also got the matching drapes for this comforter set, but they aren't the ones in the picture)

However the way im painting the walls is that the wall where I am placing the bed against is a very dark purple\ berry color and the remaining walls are a lighter greyish purple
This is how basically it is going to look:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30rr8ud&s=7

one last thing is that unfortunately I can't get wood floors so I'm stuck with an offwhite rug.
but i was wondering what color rug, style, etc. i should get to make everything look evened out and put together:] any help is appreciated!

A. white, black, red, dark brown, or purple. Those are pretty much your only options- that bedspread has a LOT of color and pattern so I would stick with a big, solid rug that isn't so busy. Pick one of the colors in the comforter that there is the least of, and if that color would match your purple walls then use it. I would almost definitely stick with white or black though.


Would this be an unreasonable request for my room?
Q. Hello. Yesterday I spent literally 6-7 hours in my room cleaning.
You see the drawers in my room are filled with old junk that I used to use as a kids. If someone had looked in them they would have thought I was a hoarder.I hate my room in general. It does not reflect who I am what so ever. It has the ugliest built in desk from the 80's-90's, but I can deal with that.

The most annoying part is that I have two dressers on top of the drawers that are built in my closet! My mom bought a 10,000$ bedroom set for me when I was very young(Now I am basically 16), it is dark wood and very nice but with my queen bed it is way to crammed in there. And now that I got rid of the piles of old things I do not want (Though there still is more work to be done) and I emptied out both dressers and put my clothing into the drawers in my closet (It's a tight fit though).

I want to start living as someone who does not have excess, but is not lacking anything either. I want to put books and things on the shelves that I actually like. I want to get rid of at least one dresser, my mom already said no a few months back but I honestly cant handle all four walls having something pushed against it. I don't even need two dressers! We can put one in the guest bedroom. Is this unreasonable?

A. It sounds very reasonable. Did you ask your mom her reason for saying no? If you two were to talk about that maybe you could voice some opinions concerning where the extra desk could go. She may not have given it much thought at the time but if she heard how reasonable you sound here you may be able to come to an agreement that you're growing into a young lady. I have a niece I love dearly who I wish would follow your example!


Bedding help for new room?
Q. I'm moving and getting completely new furniture and decorations for my room. I already have a bedroom set in a dark finish mahogany color. It's very contemporary and sophisticated. I am having a problem finding bedding for it. I want something that is bright colored to contrast the wood finish, and I want something that's patterned. I like all colors. Any ideas? I'm really having a hard time.

Links would be so helpful! Thanks so much.
And my bed is a queen sized. (:

A. here are a few ideas :http://www.garnethill.com/bedding-home/lilly-pulitzer-home/garden-party/
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=361978&CategoryID=45524
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=470229&CategoryID=17626- The brown will bring out the furniture while the aqua is bright and light.
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=456905&CategoryID=22588
Enjoy decorating.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Teen bedroom ieas?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment