Thursday, January 10, 2013

What's a good hotel to stay at while in Paris for a budget of 100-150 euros a night?

Q. Am planning to visit Paris in October for 6 days with a friend. What good hotels in the area can be found for 100-150 euros? Is this a realistic price range for decent accomodation (meaning 1 bedroom with private bathroom and housekeeping service, a view of the city perhaps, all with slightly premium touches)

A. �100 to �150 would be a good budget for a budget hotel, but you are asking a bit too much, unless you mean �100 each.

Go to one of the many hotel and hostel search sites, (they all do cheap hotels too) and check what is available, and also check the reviews. Not just the star rating of the reviews but the actual written texts, as you can than judge whether you will find the hotel acceptable.

Paris is huge, has many hotels but it also has many visitors so each hotel can set its own prices as customers will come.


Any way to add a little to a TV's sound?
Q. I'm planning on buying a 37 inch LCD in the very near future, and many of its reviews talked about how its speakers left something to be desired. So I'm just wondering what would be a reasonable solution for this if I were to put the TV in my bedroom and set a budget of about $250. I'm imagining a 2.1 system, but the only thing I can find is either a very expensive Bose, or they're meant for a computer.
Thanks

A. For your bedroom, the TV's speakers could be OK, or simply spend $100 more for a better TV!

As long as the system has one analog audio input and at least one s/pdif (digital audio input) you can use it for either a PC or a TV.


I want some surround sound speakers for my bedroom?
Q. Hey, I'm looking for some cheaper surround sound speakers for my bedroom. It's kind of a smaller room and I need something that will easily hookup to my 32" Samsung 720p. And only a couple hundred at most, I'm not looking for the most fancy, just something that could make my horror movies work for me a bit more. Any recommendations?

A. Surround sound is one thing. You need a 5.1 speaker set and a receiver. Sound bars or 2.1 systems can plug right into the TV. If your budget is $200 don't bother with a surround sound system. The only ones you'll find for that amount are garbage. So look for a sound bar or a 2 speaker and sub configuration. Check CNet.com for reviews of such devices.


Which oil-filled heater is the best and are they dangerous to use?
Q. I'm shopping around for an oil-filled space heater. Is there a brand or model you would recommend?

I read a review on Amazon that said the space heater started spewing oil. Is this common? What other dangers and precautions should I keep in mind?

A. we've used them in an attic bedroom for years.... as long as they have a working thermostat, I consider them to be quite safe.... just plug them into an outlet on a circuit that doesn't have another large draw on it.... we have ours on it's own circuit other than the bed lamp.... and if you must use an extension cord, make it one of the heavy ones... like one you'd use with a large draw motor like a power saw in a woodshop.... keep the cord from becoming damaged (so not under a rug or anywhere you'd walk on it or the puppy would chew it....
ours has done a fine job of keeping that attic room quite comfy and without a huge addition to the power bill, too.. we have one with the thermostat and two power settings... plus, this is the only kind I trust to use while I'm sleeping.... or set and forget while I'm away from the house....

ps... don't buy the cheapest one.... get one that is UL listed for sure.... here's a list and some reviews...

http://www.epinions.com/Heaters--oil_filled





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's a good hotel to stay at while in Paris for a budget of 100-150 euros a night?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment