Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where can I find a cheap apt in Southern CA?

Q. I have bad credit, and know i can find an apartment, but because of my credit, it is a huge set back. i dont have any evictions, or bankruptsies...can anyone direct me to a fair site?
I mean, i can afford like $800-$900 for rent, which i know i can find in the valley, it's just a matter of finding something where my credit is not gonna be frowned upon....

A. It depends on where in So. Cal. you're looking. If you head out towards the desert, it gets cheaper. Check out the Inland Empire and the High Desert. I'm spending under $1000 for a nice two-bedroom.


Any stories about living on your own?
Q. We'll I'm just wondering how it is to live on your own? I always imagined a nice cheap apartment thats nicley decorated with a closet full of clothes from the money you get from your job. Or is it alot harder that you can't even get clothes? Or do you just cram on your friends sofa? lol. Do you miss home? Or do you live on the streets? Any stories?

A. It's tough at first, but you get used to it. After that it's about what kind of life you want to live, and how hard you're willing to work to get there. In that sense, living on your own really sets apart those who say they're mature, and those who really are. Unless you're a trust fund baby, life is not like "Friends". If you can handle chores, a job and a budget (including "little" things like "don't get pregnant in your teens" and "don't drink away your paycheck"), living on your own is awesome! There's no one around to tell you how to live.

Apartments in my area range from $360 a month to over $1000 a month for one-bedrooms. The cheap ones come with disgusting neighbors and cockroaches that will crawl over your food and up your legs when you try to sleep. Food can range from under $200 a month to over $400 a month, per person. On the cheap end, you'll be eating junk food or cooking rice every meal. Utilities can range from $40 if you're tough to over $100 a month if you insist on the "right" to wear shorts indoors during the winter. Spending more in one area means spending less in another.

So living on your own = managing your money. Whether living on your own is easy or hard depends entirely on whether or not keeping yourself from spending money on coffee and clothes (or other stuff) is easy or hard. "Grown-ups" gave me all the oh-so-scary advice you see here, but actually it was easy for me. It's hard for an awful lot of people, though, which is probably why an awful lot of people say it's hard.

Also, there's no one else to pick up after you; I've had friends turn away guests because they knew their apartments were in no shape to host people. Is the leaky area behind the toilet starting to look gross? Well, it's not gonna get clean by itself. In fact, the longer you wait, it'll go from dirty to gross to ROTTING, where it'll cost thousands of dollars to patch the floor, unless you learn to take care of things early.

I now live in a sunny, clean apartment in a good part of town, within walking distance to work, with plenty of clothes. :) I guess that sounds smug, but damn, my life during and just after college was ROUGH. But it paid off; I wanted a nice, clean place and was willing to suffer for a while to get it. My sisters did it backwards and are now hurting because they lived it up in their twenties, but they're OK with that too. A lot of people live in disgusting dumps and are up to their ears in crushing debt. Some are happy with that, others never stop making excuses.

Life is not easy or hard, but how hard you're willing to work to get to the life you want. That's nothing to be scared of, as long as you understand just what "on your own" means.


Full 5-7 pieces Bedroom Set for less than 1000$ Oregon?
Q. were would i find a 5-7 pieces bedroom set in Portland Oregon for under 1000 dollars? I found a web site today that call "Popular Furniture ASHLEY DIRECT DEALER" this is the link (http://www.popularfurnitureny.com/index.php?cPath=187&showall=1) in Brooklyn NY they sells full 7 pieces bedroom set for less than 1000k :D but the issues is that I live in Portland Oregon so its going to be really hard and very expensive to get a full bed room set from the other side of the country, about a year ago my sister told me about a company here in Oregon that sells full bedroom set just like "Popular Furniture ASHLEY DIRECT DEALER" but now -_- no one remember the name :( I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANYTHING LIKE RENTER CENTER done that and didn't like the out come.
I hope someone out there can help with my dilemma. thank and hope to hear from you soon

A. You might find what you are looking for in your price range here.
Furniture Outlet
14255 Southwest Pacific Highway
Tigard, OR 97224
(503) 598-9009
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&oq=&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=furniture+outlet+store+portland+oregon&fb=1&gl=us&hq=furniture+outlet+store&hnear=portland+oregon&cid=0,0,2603411850948222855&ei=Q2CnS-rpEpO1tgf5oqXtAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQnwIwAA


Why do I eat/sleep too much when I'm depressed?
Q. I can't stop myself from eating when I feel sad/depressed/stressed. It is getting very annoying; I gained about 5 kilograms in less than a week. As for sleeping,I sleep most of the day, I do not want to wake up or do anything or even do my homework.
what should I do??

A. I have been having this problem ever since February, when the constantly overcast weather pattern set in. .. .like it does every year. I'll give you my depression self help tips, but as for eating, if you find out, you tell me. When I get very depressed, a homemade brownie does help, even though I pay for it in the long run. To keep it a bit under control, I never buy junk food - if I want cookies or brownies, I have to make them, from scratch, and most times, I am too depressed to do it, so then I don't eat that stuff as much.

Generic Practical Depression tips (PRINT THEM OUT):

The library has self-help books on depression.

Many meds cause or worsen depression, including birth control, blood pressure, pain, acne, antipsychotic, anxiety (benzos) or sleeping medications, alcohol, illicit drugs and MANY others.

Hypothyroidism mimics depression . Too little sleep, or sleep disorders like sleep apnea, or interrupted sleep (crying baby, barking dog) can cause depression.

If depression is worse in winter, use a light box (10,000 Lux (light intensity) at about 20� - about $300 online, you don't need full spectrum, Sunray is a good brand). I have extra windows, painted the walls peach & yellow & have a skylight. There's a link to a cheaper lightbox & more info at psycheducation.org. Also you can try 1000 to 2000 IU of Vitamin D in winter. It may work, or may be placebo treatment.

Try meditation like progressive muscle relaxation or guided imagery. See The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne. Free 15 minute guided imagery at healthjourneys.com and many free meditations at youtube.

Go out with friends, & if you don't have any, join a club e.g. hobby club, bowling league & MAKE yourself go. �Isolating� makes depression worse!

Exercise 1/2 hour a day, & anytime you feel depressed or anxious. LOTS OF RESEARCH SUPPORTS THIS as the most effective depression treatment of all.

Insomnia?: Go to bed & get up the same time each day, even weekends. Don't use your bedroom to watch TV, read or use the computer. Don't do stuff that revs you up before bed, like exercising & using the computer. Light from computer screens & TV wakes you up. Blue light is the worst offender � dim the lights and use an old-fashioned incandescent bulb the last hour. Make the bedroom very dark, even cover up the clock. Mask disturbing sounds with a fan or try soundsleeping.com or youtube, etc. Avoid caffeine after noon.

Put colorful, happy things around the house. Do nice things for yourself. Make a list of things that make you happy, like: bread fresh from the oven, the crisp sound of a saltine cracker breaking, fresh sheets on the bed, touching frost on the windowpane, etc. Read that list when you are down. Use comforting scents. I like vanilla & cloves.

Work on time management if you are overwhelmed. Cut back on other responsibilities so you can spend more time with friends & family. Ask for help with chores.

Spend more time with your pet, if you have one.

DON'T listen to sad music! Listen to upbeat stuff- same with movies & novels.

DISTRACT yourself. Read a novel, watch a comedy, go out with friends, play cards or a video game, whatever keeps your mind busy.

Volunteer. Helping others makes you feel better about yourself & you make a difference, too. If you are religious, your religion may help keep you involved in the community.

Put a half-smile on your face. Changing your expression is proven to help change mood.

Try free computerized cognitive behavioral therapy at moodgym.anu.edu.au. Also, if you have an abuse history, it is likely to be a major cause of your depression.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a cheap apt in Southern CA?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment