Sunday, January 6, 2013

I am looking for affordable one way truck rental from Toronto to Calgary any advise?

Q. I am moving from Toronto to Calgary I am planning to move my Queen size bedroom set and Sofa.
I am not sure which company would be the best is it Uhaul or any other suggestions please thank you.

A. Fro that shipment you will probably pay far too much using a U-haul and drive yourself. They are pretty expensive. You can of course look up their web-site and calculate the cost for yourself.

http://www.uhaul.com/

Why not call up any of the major shipping firms and talk to their estimator. You will probably get a much better price from them. They all offer less-than-carload rates for smaller shipments.

This is a major agency, but you can always look up the majors on your own.

http://canada-movers.ca/?kwd_id=15198-E732376E-2EFE-4F66-9FA5-C7F1E55BDD7CS16991201686&gclid=CK-spdz5xbMCFYs7MgodwwQAxw

But, in all fairness, do you REALLY want to move any furniture at all. Do consider what you can sell them for on www.kijiji.ca or www.craigslist.com - perhaps your income, minus cost of buying new furniture is less than the cost of moving. Then, no worries about breakage and you start off with brand new furniture in Calgary. Even if new furniture costs a little more, you start off with new stuff...!


What is a good color for wall paint?
Q. I am buying a house soon and I want wall colors that are comfortable. I have dark chocolate bedroom set and same in my living room.
I want a good color for my kitchen and dining room. Should they match?
I just want something other thatn white.
Thank you for all your inputs. :)

A. Because you have darker color furniture I would go with some warmer colors for your rooms. I painted my kitchen a very light yellow Devoe paint and the painted the ceiling a lighter shade which was called Heritage Ivory. It is a lighter yellow than the walls, but it brightens up my kitchen and everyone compliments the ceiling paint. In my dining room I painted a sky blue with white trim. My living roon is a moss green which is a very popular color. It is also light but very warm. My colors all go togerther. You could do a red in your dining room if you want a more dramatic effect, which would go with your brown furniture nicely.
Your bedroom I think you can do any color you want. There are so many different greens that are so beautiful.
My advise would be to go to the paint store and get tons of color swatches. What a color looks like in the store looks so much different outside or at your house. Usually we tend to think we need the darker colors, but they usually end up being a mistake. The people at the store can give you good advise. You might want to ask them what the most popular colors right now are. I did not take this man's advice once about a yellow and i went home and found that it was the most hidious color ever. Ha.
You can also buy a pint of different colors you like and then paint about a 16x20 square on one of your walls in the room you are considering it for and then on another wall in the same room use another one of your sample paints and then just look at it for a few days to decide. Ask family and friends too.
It is so much fun once you get started.
Sherwin Williams or Devoe paints you can't go wrong with. If you go with a cheaper brand you sometimes have to use 3 coats which is way to much work. I would also choose a satin finish which is more expensive, but beautiful. The colors will look the best if they compliment each other so that they flow well together.
Good luck!!


What to buy, a new car or furnish a new house?
Q. We are buying a house and we can afford an extra monthly payment. We want to buy a new car but we also want to buy new things for the house. So should i buy a brand new car or should i buy new couches, tv, bedroom set, paint, plants etc with a credit card? Both interest rates should be low due to our credit. But we can only choose to have one. We already have 2 older but decent vehicles and we have old ugly furniture so which would you get a new car or furnish the house?

A. But the furniture, but don't use a credit card unless you can pay it off in full when the bill comes due. If you can't pay it off, then just buy a little at a time with cash. With a new house, it's always better to buy furniture slowly anyway until you get a feel for what will work in the house.


What are some nice affordable furniture stores?
Q. I want to buy a new bedroom set at an affordable price. Nothing more than 1500. Any suggestions on furniture stores/websites in the Dallas tx area? Thanks!

A. i dont know what you have out there in texas but have you tried walmart or target? i know its like "ew why would i get my stuff there?" especially if your a teen into brand names, but they're stuff is really good and low priced. not so much target but at walmart you can get EVERYTHING to match. you could even have the bedroom and if you have your own, bathroom to match! check it out;) http://www.walmart.com/

TIP:
if you have a small bedroom, look at some loft beds. i have one in my room and my floor soace literlly DOUBLED from getting one!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I am looking for affordable one way truck rental from Toronto to Calgary any advise?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment