Friday, January 4, 2013

Why do bedroom sets only come with one nightstand?

Q. I could see maybe if it were a twin sized bed or maybe even a full, but why on earth would they think only one nightstand would suffice for a queen or king sized bed that two people sleep in? Why do the furniture people do that?

A. On the other side of my bed I have a floor lamp. I am actually glad there is no desk or nightstand there. The person on that side of the bed is challenged to keep things neat. I don't like too much furniture in the bedroom. I also have a sitting area in my bedroom with a loveseat. With the shape of my bedroom, I don't believe two nightstands would fit anyway.


What are some tips when rearranging/redecorating a bedroom?
Q. Tomorrow I will have a brand new queen sized mattress in my bedroom, and it has inspired me to want to redecorate my room. I have already painted my walls and my I have a decent amount of furniture already (I'm not really fond of it, but my mom says it has to stay). My taste leans to a more contemporary style.

A. Get some graph paper and lay out how you want your room, remember to be as close to scale as possible (this means each item - wall, door, window, bed, etc. - has to be in proper size relation to each other). You can make each square one foot or 6 inches or 18 inches or 3 feet - whatever works for your design (smaller numbers work better for accuracy).

Once you know where you want your bed, desk, chair(s), vanity, or whatever you may be putting in your room (in regards to furniture), decide what you want to focus on and what colors you want. Choose one or two main colors, any additional colors (not required) would be for smaller items or accents. Try to get colors that go together or pick several shades of one color, if you prefer.

Make a list of what you want before shopping to ensure you don't go crazy with impulse buys you'll just be cluttering your room with (and emptying your wallet for, needlessly).

Bigger items work better for drama than a bunch of little items UNLESS you have them matched in some way and they are set up in some pattern (3 or 5 candles, vases, matching wall hangings, etc.) instead of just thrown together or scattered around. Things can match by shape, color, fabric/material (e.g. all woodgrain), etc.

Keep the amount of (or lack of) space in mind when shopping to ensure you don't crowd your room too much.

Those are just some ideas to start.


Is there a better moving truck size calculator than a rough bedroom guide?
Q. I'm moving a bunch of furniture, including 2 queen mattress sets, 2 twin mattresses, 2 couches, 2 desks, 2 dressers, twin bunk bed set, a 10' dining table, a pool table (disassembled) and a bunch of end tables and dining chairs. Trying to figure out if I need a 16' or a 24' truck. All I can find online is a 'number of bedrooms' guide. What does this guide assume? Mattresses + bedroom furniture? I wish there was a better guide somewhere. Is there?

A. I advise to get the 24' truck as there will be less worry about getting it all in and less damage. In getting a smaller truck, you have to pile things very high and if the truck goes over a bump too fast or a turn to sharply, then things can break more easily. My friend had a small truck and he had to make two trips and the truck used a ton of gasoline and did not drive fast so it took all day to move. Also pack the big furniture last so it will be first out of the truck and you can arrange it first at the new place. Lastly, return the truck on time back where it needs to be returned. That is where they often have hidden late fees.

good luck,

Jonathan


I want to dispose my used furniture to make room for new furniture for my kids. Can u suggest something?
Q. I have two bedrooms for my kids. One is a queen set with a chest & dresser mirror, and other one is a twin bunkbed with a dresser mirror and a study desk.

A. Either try and sell it on Craigslist or donate it to a thrift store, preferably one who's profits go to a charity instead of money wanting Value Village. If you know someone with kids who would like your furniture, you could also offer it to them.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why do bedroom sets only come with one nightstand?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment