Thursday, January 3, 2013

How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?

Q. I have a black 7 piece queen size bedroom set with two night stands, a dresser and a mirror that I purchased for $1600 about 16 months ago. I also paid $600.00 for some pillow top mattresses. Everything looks brand new. Someone offered $700. How much should I sell it for? Mattresses included.

A. The best answer is whatever you can get for it, I think $700 isn't a good price for it, but it's most probably close to what it's worth at most.

When you buy new, you're paying for the over heads as well. If you place an add in a free online site saying what you have is new or bought 2 weeks ago, you'd be very lucky to get 70% of that $2200 you paid for it. Reason being that buying from a store you have in general an amount of consumer protection for the most part.

What most people don't understand, is that the store bought that product or those goods for a fraction of what they sold it for, to cover their over heads. My Ex used to work for a big department store, I was surprised to find out that some items have a 500% mark up, I'm not saying there was a 500% mark up on your goods, but I'm guessing at least 100% if not more.


Where can I buy a good quality comforter?
Q. ok so me and my boyfriend just bought a brand new bedroom set and mattress. But now we need a comforter set to go with it but we don't know where to get a good quality one that's not too expensive. Anywhere between 50-100 dollars is my price range. I live in the san francisco bay area. where can I buy a good quality comforter set for a queen size mattress?

A. Try Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26plgroup%3D2%26ref%255F%3Damb%255Flink%255F84178231%255F4%26docId%3D1000366971&tag=innovatincuba-20
..they have a great selection with affordable prices.


How much should I tip the furniture delivery guys?
Q. I am having a complete bedroom set delivered - Queen bed, including mattress and boxspring, two bedside tables and a dresser. They will also be setting up the furniture in the room.

The room is down 3 flights of stairs.

I don't know how many guys they will be sending out to deliver the furniture - but how much should I tip them after they are done?

A. It seems like they have quite a bit to do. I would say at least $20-$25. Hauling furniture down three flights of stairs is a lot and it's cool that you are acknowledging their hard work.


Can I use a box spring on a platform bed?
Q. I am pricing new bedroom sets. I have a queen mattress/boxspring. I've seen platform beds that I like, but none are ever displayed with the box spring. What are the pros/cons of using the box spring on a platform bed?

A. You can use a box spring under your regular mattress on a platform bed. The addition of the box spring mattress will just make the bed higher than normal. If that is what you want, there is no reason you can't do it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment