Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What color do you paint a closet door or the inside of a door in a bedroom?

Q. I just repainted a bedroom. Do I paint the door the same color of the walls? It is a door with raised panels.

A. It's more traditional to use - esp. on a paneled door, which implies your house is traditional - the trim color, in enamel so it wipes fingerprints off more easily than the matte wall color. It gives the room a visual break and ties in with the windows.

Although it's your home and you want it to reflect you, do always consider resale. Funky combos are harder sells, andyou don't want to have to repaint over a color when you're trying to make other life moves.

When in doubt about these things, check home magazines or ads - I find I sometimes need to do this when I'm setting the table to remember which side the fork is supposed to go on~!


What color comforter set would go with gray blue walls and white furniture?
Q. My walls are a gray blue in my bedroom and the furniture is white. I would like to know what colors would work well for a comforter set? I tend to have more traditional taste but I'm open to different ideas. Please give well thought out answers with sites or examples. Thanks!
C'mon y'all...give me some decent answers!
Well thank you honey I thought lilac was a good choice but I need a little more color to go with it...but I appreciate it.

A. I'm redoing my bedroom, so I've been trying different color combos!

I'm not sure what gray/blue shade the walls are, but I envision a tealish color. If so, I would get a matching teal (or similar shade) with chocolate brown accents.

Here is a picture I have that captures my vision:
http://beckyboop.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/comforter-set-1.jpg

If the walls are dark, I think a pale yellow comforter would look nice with some blue/gray pillows, I always like adding some light yellow to gray, and I think it'd look nice with the white furniture.
If the walls are lighter, I think you could get away with a burgundy comforter with white or silver accents (like pillows). Those are just some alternate options.

My favorite though, would be the teal/chocolate combo!! I love it!


What type of wall art works well in a bedroom?
Q. I want black and white photos and wall art in my bedroom, but I'm not sure what kind of wall art. Like should i get a black and white picture of a flower, of nature, or just stick to art that is more abstract?

A. Black and white artwork is contemporary/modern style, adding pops of color with accents, rug and abstract art.
The desk from your previous post is in between traditional and modern so you can have any type of artwork that inspires you, it's best to choose colors that will be pulled from the artwork from a color in your bedspread and accents.
http://www.modernartisans.com/images/WD0140_5.jpg
http://www.imagekind.com/SearchResult.aspx?&search=set+og+bontanicals+art&size=16&Max_Size=4&Filter=1&Subject=9
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Hollyhock-Garden-Posters_i1238232_.htm

Hang a set of candle wall sconces.
http://www.target.com/gp/search/187-0732701-7983810?field-keywords=set+of+candle+wall+sconces&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0
Candles in various heights and sizes always make great accessories.

You can make abstract art and frame it with a poster frame.
Get a poster board ($3 at walmart) and paint simple abstract art using the colors in the room or more extravagant if you love to paint.
http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=/getposter.asp&APNum=1720233&CID=7FE7A406BDF94A018DCFB731086A8275&PPID=1&search=108491&f=c&FindID=108491&P=2&PP=16&sortby=PD&cname=Blue+Abstract&SearchID= <easy to paint and they want $250 for it!


What are the differences between traditional dorm and Apartment/suit in College?
Q. I'm going to college this spring, and I have to get a dorm, which one shall I choose? Traditional Dorm or Apartment/suit? which one is more fun and convenient?

A. Where I went to school, all dorms were set up suite-style. This meant that instead of a community bathroom shared by an entire floor, two rooms were separated with a bathroom that you generally only had to share with three other people at max.

Apartment "dorms" are a lot like dorms, but instead of just being a single room, they usually have a small kitchen in a corner and by the door there is a small living room space. Of course, there would also be a bedroom that you would probably share with a roommate.

Dorms are different though. Depending on where you go, you will only have one room and may or may not have to use a communal bathroom.

The cheaper choice is probably what most freshmen will choose. In order to get to know more people that you could become friends with throughout your college experience, I would choose the place where most incoming freshmen are deciding to live. However, apartment "dorms" are a lot more convenient and "sophisticated" (or as much as a college-sponsored living space can be).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What color do you paint a closet door or the inside of a door in a bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment