Thursday, January 3, 2013

How long does it usually take to get bedroom furniture? Do most stores have you "order" the furniture?

Q. I'm in the market for some new bedroom furniture. I'm not necessarily in a hurry to get it, but I am curious about how long I can expect the process to take. I plan on buying from a "showroom" type furniture store, as opposed to a warehouse or clearance center. Plus, I'm getting a king bed and I hear that most stores cater towards customers looking for queens. I guess I will have to "order" the furniture. If you ordered from a store like this, how long did it take?

Also, I did find one set that i like, but i was told they cant deliver for 7-8 weeks due to back order. Is that standard wait time or way too long?

A. If you really like the set and the price, then I guess it is worth the wait.

I had to wait that long to get the living room sofa I special ordered.

And my bed took even longer but then we had an artist make a special headboard.


Ashley Piermont bedroom set queen size bed rails 5inches to long?
Q. I bought this collection from Ashely and the rails have a 5 inch gap between the bottom of the boxspring/mattress and the wooden rails. Anyone else have this set and have the same problem?

A. I am assuming you have a headboard and footboard with the wooden side rails. There is typically a gap at each end. This space is necessary in order to get your hands between the hdbrd and ftbrd to make the bed. If you think the gap is abnormal or too big contact your dealer or look at the model they had shown on their showroom floor. Before you go measure yours in order to compare.


Where Can I find Cute lounge type furniture for my room?
Q. Where Can I find Cute lounge type furniture for my room? Like the lounge furniture on pb teen. I like their stuff but im not sure if their is any other store online with cute room stuff like that. In specifc i am looking for a loungish type furniture set for my bedroom (it has like a living room part) But i kinda want it to be pink and not to formal. Any ideas or links?

A. well girl you can go to http://cute-teen-bedroom-stuff.nicedressup.com/ 2 make ur dream room and http://www.roomstogokids.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ktg.showRoom&roo_ID=3490 good luck tiff tiff i can come over dis weekend 2 help!! annnnnnd http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/rooms/bedroom/ saweet!!!


How to Paint Furniture without it Chipping?
Q. I had some bedroom furniture that we decided to paint white for my daughter. It started to chip soon after and looked awful and there was really no good way to touch it up without it looking like it. We now have a different set of furniture and we would like to paint it white again. It is a solid maple, it is currently stained a dark green and has never been painted. I would like to know what the correct steps are to paint this white and make it look showroom quality and have the finish last. Thanks!

A. Speak to someone in the paint department at your local home improvement store.

You need to remove the old finish completely. Then sand. Use a primer that is compatible with your paint.

Paint it, then use a compatible varnish. In other words, use all water based or oil based products, generally speaking.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long does it usually take to get bedroom furniture? Do most stores have you "order" the furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment