Thursday, January 3, 2013

I need help for my bedroom?

Q. I recently moved, and got my mother's old bedroom suite instead of the small bedroom set I had before.
I'm a fourteen-year-old girl, and a prep. I'm sick of the guys that come over avoiding my pink[now brown] room.
For one wall, I'm redoing my dedication wall. This has a white shelf ontop of it, and my walls need to stay white. The pictures & posters on this wall are going to be in black & white.
Should I do all of my room black and white [keeping in mind I have alot of boys over] and add red, or should I use another color scheme. I still want my wall, though.
Any ideas of what all I should do?
BTW. my favorite colors are lime green, hot pink, red, aqua, orange, and I still like black and white. My dresser & hutch are an oak color with gold on them.

A. you can add red with black and white it will really look nice


Idea for Painting a BEDROOM Set in DISNEY PRINCESS THEME?
Q. HI guys I had a question, we bought a really nice bedroom set/hutch /desk set for my girls bedroom, and I need ideas on how to paint it in a disney princess theme?

My kids room is painted in lilac/pink with all disney decorations, does anyone have any ideas on what color to paint the bedroom set?

the set is now in all white, it needs to be painted because it has a few scratches, what color do you think will match? any ideas would be appreciated this will be such a fun project for me! Thanks in advance

A. You probably dont want to paint it lilac or pin because it be kind of overbearing with the rest of the room so Id repaint it a low gloss white and edge it in either lilac or pink or find a way to incorporate the lilac/pink into it like little daisies or small crowns


Idea for Painting a BEDROOM Set in DISNEY PRINCESS THEME?
Q. HI guys I had a question, we bought a really nice bedroom set/hutch /desk set for my girls bedroom, and I need ideas on how to paint it in a disney princess theme?

My kids room is painted in lilac/pink with all disney decorations, does anyone have any ideas on what color to paint the bedroom set?

the set is now in all white, it needs to be painted because it has a few scratches, what color do you think will match? any ideas would be appreciated this will be such a fun project for me! Thanks in advance

A. The Home Depot has a Disney line of paint, made by Behr I think. It has specific color schemes for the Disney princesses which should make it easy to coordinate with the room. There are lots of shades of lilac and pink you could play with. We painted my daughter's desk with Wave of the Wand which is a cool mauvey color. Even the shades of blue like Cinderella Glass Slipper/ Bibbidi Bobbidi Blue or green like Tinkerbell could look really great too.


I am a teen girl with a golden oak bedroom set. I want to re-do my room to make it look more modern Any ideas?
Q. Wall color? Should i do anything to the color of then furniture. It is already stained to golden oak. The comforter is white, pink, purple and has flowers. Small room.

A. Even modern homes sometimes have antiques. A few stong modern elements can go a long way to changing the overall feel, and some ideas would be a lot easier to implement than changing the furniture you have.

How about painting the wall behind your bed an accent color? An accent wall is a modern treatment, and you might consider something like a dark charcoal grey or a celedon (a very pale and toned down limey green)... look in modern design magazines for ideas on color.

And switching your comforter. Modern patterns tend to be HUGE flowers, geometric, or solid. It would cost you less than $100 to find a modern bedding set at Target or Ikea. Probably your current comforter is the main thing that dates your room, and even how you make it up might date it.

How about a modern lamp? Lamps are more than utilitarian, they are also like sculpture. Lamps can be expensive though.

Artwork. Fortunately this you can even make yourself. I often will use a design magazine for inspiration. You might get a good swatch of modern fabric and switch out the art in a frame you already have. In general for a modern look you will want to go LARGER with your artwork, or make a tight grouping of smaller pieces. Dotting the four walls at eye level with artwork tends to make a room look less modern.

I hope these ideas help, and good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help for my bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment