Friday, January 11, 2013

Dallas Tx. folks ONLY!!!!!!?

Q. I have a 1933 antique bedroom set that I need to sell, who or where is there an antique dealer I could sell it to.

A. List of Dallas antique shops: http://www.antiqueworldsite.com/antiquesdallas.html


what store can i get cheap bed room sets?
Q. any low priced cheap furniture sites in dallas tx

A. here are some bedroom furniture sets for you:

http://www.furniture-cn.com/products.php?type=bedroom&type_t=Bed

you can have a look


Disallusioned with finding a Midwife in TX, Pls Help?
Q. I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas. I went to visit a Certified Nurse Midwife today. I was disappointed in the house the midwife was set in. It was in a 100 year house with a sagging foundation. It was clean and decorated nicely, but I didn't have much confidence in it. The birth setting was nice, but the exam room felt like I was going to be getting naked in someone's bedroom - it felt weird. The staff seemed disorganized, I don't know, the gut feeling was wrong.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a certified NURSE midwife (not an apprentice) in the D/FW area, preferrably in Arlington, Grand Prairie, HEB area? I am very unhappy about the OB experience and all the unnecessary things doctors do (especially since I don't want any epidurals or anything). I like the idea of a midwife, but I need a good one.

Can anyone also document their experience with a midwife? Please no uninformed midwife haters either, just experiences with midwives.

Thanks.
lol.. disillusioned.. sigh.. :)
if someone in this area has a very good ob that will follow a birthplan, please recommend them. But this has to be a person that is not going to remove the child to a nursery, that will allow me to deny the vitamin K shot and the antibiotic ointment after birth, one that will not induce me, not instruct me, not use continual fetal monitoring, and let me have a natural birth.

A. If you are looking for a midwife in the DFW area, there is a local homebirth association you should join. Even if you are not planning a homebirth, they can give you advice about all the midwives and birth centers in the area. Here is the link to the Yahoo!Group:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HANDinfo/

And their homepage:
http://www.homebirthdallas.org

*Please* email me if I can be of any help.

Edited to add: In Texas, midwives (both CNMs and CPMs/LMs) are licensed to carry pitocin in case of postpartum bleeding. This is the same stuff they give you in the hospital.


Missing an item in my apartment for months now, suspect maintenance...?
Q. We moved into an apartment in Texas December 2010, it is now June 2011.

My wife and I are Otaku, so our apartment is decked out in wall scrolls, figurines, and 3 bookcases filled with anime DVDs. In our bedroom, we have a bookcase with a set of reader digest condensed novels from the 60's through the 80's. On the bottom shelf of that bookcase, there are several magazines. Sandwiched between the magazines and the side of the shelf, we placed a sleeve containing 15 fan artwork of various popular anime characters. Bleach, Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, Inuyasha, Death Note etc..

Several months ago (February) we cleaned out some of our books and donated them when we purchased a coffee table. We placed several magazines inside the drawers of the coffee table, at which time we saw the sleeve, pulled out the artwork, and placed it back in the same location.

We just got back from A-kon 22 in Dallas TX. We purchased several more fan artwork pieces and decided to put them in a nice binder with the 15 that were on the shelf. We went to get the sleeve and it was missing. We have now spent 4 hours turning our one bedroom apartment upside down and can not find the sleeve anywhere. We have emptied out all our drawers, filing cabinets, and bookshelves and it is no where to be found.

This leaves us with 3 possible conclusions.

1. We moved it and we have yet to find it. I don't believe this to be the case since we spent so much time looking for the artwork. While we may not pull it out a lot, we didn't want it damaged so there are only so many places you can put something that is on 8.5 x 11 inch paper.

2. The sleeve got stuck to something else and was tossed out. Again, not very likely due to the weight of 15 prints in a single sleeve.

3. Maintenance took it. I've had maintenance out 4 times since I moved in. This didn't make much sense to me a first when the wife suggested it. Our apartment is decked out in anime stuff, ceiling to floor. There are better targets in the apartment if someone wanted to steal something. We have a 6 foot bookcase with 3k worth of figurines and 3 6 foot bookcases with about 5k of DVDs, as well as PS3 with about 700 dollars in games. Most likely, someone would have gotten away with any of those things and we wouldn't have noticed for a while. The sleeve was poking out from behind the magazines so it may have presented a tempting target hidden away like it was. I dunno, maybe his kid is into anime or something. The artwork isn't worth anything, however, it can not be replaced. Like I think, this theory seems far out. Until I remember something that happened the day before the convention...

We wake up late because we both work night shift. On Thursday, I awoke to a knock on the door about 10am. There was 2 knocks and the lock started turning immediately after. We have 2 deadbolts, one can only be locked from inside. I answered the door and it was maintenance. He said he was here about the caulking. I asked him to wait a second and asked my wife if she put in a request. She told me it had been done already. So, I opened the door back up and told him that it had been done. He looked directly at his work request and said, "Oh, it looks like it was completed in April sorry about that." and he left. Remember this is now June, so I just filed it away in the back of my mind as something strange.

In light of this missing artwork, I now see it as him casing my apartment and coming back for more stuff. I don't know what to think.

So, to summarize, I have had a missing sleeve of artwork that I haven't seen in 5 months and a strange visit from maintenance that can't be explained. I will toss the apartment again before I take any further action.

My question is, has anyone out there seen anything like this before and has proven to been maintenance that stole something hidden away like that?

A. So these fans aren't worth anything, you had other valuables in plain sight, and you think that someone took the time to steal something that no one would really want?

Even if a kid were into anime, anime "fans" aren't something worth stealing, especially if they have no value.

I get your point about someone not taking something obviously noticeable, but I also doubt that anyone is going to take the time to come in "case" the place, and then take garbage.

It's been 5 months, Sure, you can "take further action", but with no proof and the stolen items being worthless, your complaint isn't going to get you anywhere. Maintenance isn't gong to be fired over baseless allegations and the police aren't going to follow up on anything.

I'm really sorry that these items are missing. If you feel like maintenance is "casing" your place set up a hidden camera and record anyone that enters. If you can prove that they are stealing, THEN you will have grounds to make an accusation and to take action.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Dallas Tx. folks ONLY!!!!!!?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment