Monday, January 7, 2013

What should I do to start preparing for my move in date March 1st?

Q. I've filled out all the paperwork & turned in the one month deposit. The move in date has been set for next month or if anything February 25th. The apartment is empty just needs some last minute touches. Should I start buying furniture now or wait until I'm fully moved the day of? Thanks in advance. I'm from NYC if it helps.

A. I'm assuming you have completed the credit and background check, and the land lord or the apartment manager has told you that you have the apartment.

You should get the measurements of the living room, kitchen and the bedrooms so you can buy right size furniture. You can then start shopping for furniture. If you find what you like then you should ask the retailer to deliver on or after a certain date (on or after the date of your move-in). You should start this process now because some furniture shops do not have in-house stock to deliver, but they schedule delivery from their warehouses.

Even if you were to find furniture to have it delivered, can you have it delivered before you move in? You can ask your landlord that question.

Hope this helps.


I have a dark brown padded leather headboard. I want to change my bedroom curtains and comfortor set. ?
Q. I want a grey and mauve-e color. My wallls are off white as I live in a nyc apt and will not be painting. Will it match ok? Also what other accessories should I get and in what. Colors?

A. .. think of some things in nature and match em to that .. then change the material, pattern, etc .. i think grey would look good .. like a mushroom .. or green .. even a nude color would look good :)


How will I do if I move to New York City?
Q. So, I'm set to graduate college with my associates degree in Digital Arts this June. My plan is to move to New York City and find a job within my field, have my own apartment (and later my friend who will graduate a few terms later will be moving in with me), and live out my life in New York. I'm still pretty young (21) and really feel like NYC would be the place for me. How possible or how likely is it that this will happen? Will I be stuck broke looking for a job?

A. You will be spending at least $2500 a month for a tiny one-bedroom apartment in an OK area of Manhattan (you don't want to live anywhere else) in a city with a horrible job market right now. 21 is awfully young to try to make it in New York. Try something closer to home for the next five years of your life and build up a resume; things should improve in the job market by then.


All those lurking interior designers. Any ideas on how to do a City styled room?
Q. I want to do a room design in sort of a city scape. But I don't know where to start. All I have right now is a massive grey room. Does anyone have ideas on how to do a city-esque room? Or can you provide links? I've been searching around, and I haven't found anything good, except for a red phone booth idea for the door.

Thanks for the help!
I'm looking for either New York or London. A very grungy city design to be more specific.

A. What city..Big difference in England, Paris and NYC. Also what mood....Sexy, Night life, Day time, Romantic, Fun....Artsy...Gothic...Old world...1920's...Modern day.

**Steam Punk.

Ok you have to start of with a defining feature http://www.kaboodle.com/za/browse?q=manhole+rug&st=item§ion=
Some great art http://www.humorhound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/deception-subway-sign-demotivational-poster.jpg
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/New-York-Subway-Signs-Posters_i2680719_.htm

You want a good city garbage can http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/office/garbage-recycling/containers-outdoor-steel/outdoor-steel-mesh-trash-receptacles This you turn upside down and put an old round table top on painted black and grey.

Line the bottom part of your wall with wire mesh http://www.bridgat.com/index.php?page=search&cid=7&hw_num=10&s_res=AND&off=11&s_by=f_title&a_d=desc

Z brick and grafitti a wall http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2403525/2/istockphoto_2403525-grunge-wall-graffiti.jpg

Find some funky lamps at a thrift store and spray paint them black and silver and rust.

Make a low table from an old pallett. Get 2 ...Lift the top boards and then set them together without a gap. For the legs use old lawn mower wheels http://www.homeaccentstoday.com/articles/blog/1960000396/20090413/986-Furniture_Factory_Cart.1_04-12-2009_K218Q29Q.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg This will work for your TV and stereo.

Hang the paper chinese lanterns. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjyjrmKkVrQ5lYzPS3FlQLi7qLeor575M9y0BfLrol9mbr1joZd4s5tM9UgV9IxDn-gPs94LvkSuZpuMmsW_5XiGA9ohh6reKAKiZR_9jLlEi6WUD1w3_RJuespHUsEpv-hrxnNeGj8/s320/Chinese+Lanterns.jpg

Don't forget the ceiling do an asphalt grey paint on it. 1/2 way accross the ceiling put a city decal http://www.ioffer.com/i/CITY-SKYLINE-LARGE-VINYL-WALL-DECALS-STICKER-ART-DECOR-124491531 then leave the top 1/2 white.

Metal grey micro mini blinds.

A city neon lit poster http://www.lampboutique.com/Neonetics-ny-taxi-neon-led-poster-NEO1345.html

Bedding in a shiny black http://www.beinteriordecorator.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/Queen-Bed-in-a-Bag-Striped-Black-Comforter-Set-Interior-Bedroom-Decorating.jpg





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What should I do to start preparing for my move in date March 1st?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment