Sunday, January 13, 2013

Would this kind of bedding look good with my coloured bedroom?

Q. I'm thinking of getting this kind of bedding:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hometrends-Orkaisi-Complete-Bedding-Set/13269232#ProductDetail

But one of my wall colour is brown and the other is wallpaper cream.
would this bedding look good with the walls if so which wall should i put my bed on?

A. I love that bed spread! Yes, you have to get it. I wanted that one, but when I was looking to buy one, they didn't have it in queen. I'm annoyed to see, that they do now.


Can you help me with my room Idea?
Q. I really wanna do my room white, with little purple bits here and there. I came up with this idea about a week ago, but my question is will it look any good? I want white walls, white bedding with purple sheets and shams, and white rug, white furniture, and then like purple accents and pictures and a vase of purple flowers... Tell me what you think!

A. It sounds nice; if it were me I'd add another color here and there too, like a celery or lime green. With white walls, you need to add art that will really pop! Here are some accents I hope you like:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Papillon-Posters_i2109002_.htm
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Fragrant-Blossom-II-Posters_i2492008_.htm
http://cgi.ebay.com/Purple-Heart-Wall-Hanging-Wreath-Art-Bedroom-Bathroom_W0QQitemZ270299937851QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4959QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=42669&CatID=42669&Grptyp=STY&ItemId=15574a0
http://www.target.com/Flower-Bittersweet-Floral-Arrangement-Bucket/dp/B001413E66/sr=1-17/qid=1228308487/ref=sr_1_17/602-8295273-6848665?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aartificial%20flowers&page=1
http://www.inmod.com/ch-str-1101.html
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5481819&sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5481819
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Silk-Satin-Queen-Purple-Bed-Sheets-Set-Deep-Pocket_W0QQitemZ230255783436QQcmdZViewItem
You can use a white comforter, but something with a little color might pop better against the white wall:
http://www.beddingandmore.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=KIH1118&refid=FR24-KIH1118
http://www.studentmarket.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=BLL1172&utm_source=PC11&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_term=BLL1172


I'm moving in two months, and I need to buy a ton of furniture. Can you recommend the cheapest, best deals on?
Q. living room and bedroom furniture? I need to buy: sectional sofa, coffee table, bar, kitchen table and chairs, artwork, area rug, queen size bedroom set, mirrors, etc. How much do you think I can expect to spend? And should I finance or pay in full?

Thanks.

A. I live in Florida, so all of my options are based upon what I know from my area.

If you want all new furniture, you may want to check out places like Rooms To Go, where you can either buy by the piece or the groupings. For the living room, the groups usually include sofa and love seat (or sectional) with coffee and end tables. Sometimes, lamps are included and, if the promotion is still going on, even a flat screen TV. Their bedroom sets are usually the bed (headboard, foot board & rails), a dresser/mirror combo and a nightstand - mattress set sold separately. Decorative mirrors, artwork and area rugs are at a premium price at this type of store, so you may do well to purchase them elsewhere.

Another option for furniture sets/groupings would be Badcock Home furnishings which operates on the same principle as RTG by offering furniture groupings. Here, you can wither buy outright, use lay away or finance. They also sell accessory groups to complete your room.

Big Lots also carries basic bedroom, living room and dining room sets but the selection is not large.
For the area rugs, mirrors and artwork, you can check out Big Lots, Bealls Outlet stores, Tuesday Morning (which thinks WAY too highly of their stuff price-wise IMO), and even Walmart and Target. Other furniture stores include Kanes, Haverty's, Thomasville Galleries, Hudson's, Day's and Leaders Casual Furniture. If you are furnishing a complete home, you may want to consider buying everything at the same store. Depending upon how much you spend, they may be able to give you a package deal and this way, you only pay one delivery fee and tip (yes, tip. It's only fair.). Also give your local thrift stores, consignment shops and other resale stores a try. My personal preference for shopping these places is to concentrate on wood items (tables, chairs, dressers, beds) as there is less of a chance to bring critters into your home (cockroaches, bedbugs etc).

As to how much you can expect to spend, it all depends upon your tastes. A rough guess for a whole houseful would be somewhere in the area of $3,000.00 to $5,000.00 for the furniture and around another thousand for accessories - rugs, artwork, mirrors, lamps etc. Regarding how to pay for it all, I would suggest that you pay as much as you can and finance the balance. Whatever you do, avoid the rent-to-own stores like the plague: For one, unless you specify that you want all new furnishings, there's the possibility of getting used items. For two, if you finance there, the rental prices quoted are WEEKLY, not MONTHLY and, if you look at the total purchase price listed for the length of the rental agreement, you will see that you are paying sometimes 2 - 3 times the purchase price by the time you've paid it off.


About how much does a queen mattress set cost? never bought mattress before, thank you in advance?
Q. i got my bedroom set about 12 yrs ago, its still really nice but i want a new mattress set, im not into brands, just want the average mattress, someone is selling a queen set for 350 and since ive never bought mattress before i don't know if im getting ripped off. thank you so much in advance

A. A good one will cost several hundreds if you are very very savvy, to $1000 and up. Anything less, and I would look verrry carefully at it, you could regret it quickly as the quality is likely to be poor.

Go to your library and look up Consumer Reports Magazine back issues, look for their past mattress buying advice article. They tell what makes up a good mattress, usually higher coil count =more firmness. Comfort is a personal preference.

If you need just a mattress (and not a set), or don't care that they match, you can find those in mis-match sales or end of season sales (they change the fabric).

I am not a fan of foam mattresses, pillow tops, or any kind of anything padded extra, as you can add more but you can't remove it if it is part of the mattress, something I regret with the tempurpedic-foam mattress I have and hate.

I got this bed frame with storage underneath for my teen's mattress, and it holds it at the height of a normal bed-with-box-spring. It is very firm, and can make up for a poor quality mattress because it is SO firm, but you may not want that as it sounds like you already have a bed frame? I include info on it because some folks use this frame with a latex foam mattress (all foam like sleep number/ temperpedic, etc.) and say a platform like this is all they need (no boxspring). Read the reviews for more info from folks who have that type of foam mattress. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slumber1-Bed-Frame-Twin-Full/10151232





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Would this kind of bedding look good with my coloured bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment