Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Where can I get a furniture package?

Q. I just moved to fresno ca and am very low on funds. Where can I get a deal on furniture for my whole apartment? I cant afford to buy each piece seperate and dont want to do rent-a-center or anything like that. I need a living room set, two bedroom sets and a dining room set. I cant find anything of quality on craigslist in my area.

A. No idea but are you adverse to ikea? (putting together a whole house of flat pack may be annoying but ikea can recommend people to do it for you for a fee if that doesn't work for you) they have rooms in their catalogue showing how cheaply you can decorate an entire room. Otherwise, you could always try ebay, I've gotten some nice bargains from people moving overseas who need to sell almost everything, so if you see an item you like click the "view sellers other items" link - no point in spending a mint on petrol going from place to place for every single piece of furniture you need. Good Luck!


How much does it cost to ship apartment furniture across country by rail?
Q. Looking to ship a bedroom set, coffee table, entertainment stand and a few small boxes across the country from PA to CA. Truck rentals are north of $1500, companies like PODS and so on are way too expensive. I am curious as to how much it could cost shipping via rail instead. Can't really find too much on pricing.

A. The days when the railroads shipped small lots (called LCL=less than carload) ended by 1960. Most freight now is carried in multiple car lots under contract. The charges for a single sixty-foot long box car would undoubtedly be more than truck rate and you would have to find a rail siding at origin and destination that would allow loading and unloading for a one-time shipper. Your best bet, outside moving companies, is to look at containers. Contact local freight forwarders and check on rates for renting and shipping a container. Best bet might be to contact PODS (see info below under What's your source?) which provides smaller containers and will also store them until you are ready to unload. They are also used to dealing with domestic consumers on single shipments, while a lot of freight forwarders are business oriented and won't do much to get a one-time shipment. While you may think companies rates are expensive, consider their equipment, fuel, labor and insurance costs. Unless you can find an independent trucker (gypsy) who has already made his money hauling a load from CA to PA and is back-hauling your load to avoid returning empty and therefore willing to give you a cheap price, you will probably not find a bargain rate. Consider selling or donating the furniture locally and replacing it at your new locale, and shipping the few boxes by US Postal Service (before their rates go up to UPS/Fedex levels or they go broke).


Where can I buy a new bed for cheap?
Q. Just the bed. not the whole bedroom set. Just the matress and the headboard and stuff. We have a Rooms To Go in our area but I hear that place is expensive. Any suggestions?? and if this helps.. i live in north east florida.

A. I live in Jacksonville and there's a Rooms To Go outlet in the area. I forget what road its on, but if you look at yellowpages.com, you can find it. I found my bed on craigslist.com. You can find some really good deals on there. Sticks N Stuff is also a good place in the Jacksonville area... I found some not too bad deals there as well. Hope this helps!


Know any good websites where I can find Cheap furniture?
Q. Walmart has some good deals but that's all I've found. I'm mainly looking for a bedroom set.

A. big lots has a big furniture dept & good prices





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I get a furniture package?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment