Thursday, January 17, 2013

My husband and I recently bought our first house in Kingsland, GA trying to find affordable quality furniture?

Q. We just bought our first house and are trying to find a furniture for the most bang for our buck...The place is in Kingsland, GA about 30 min from Jacksonville Florida...We are planning on purchasing a living room set, master bedroom set and hopefully a dining room set. We would love it if we could find a place who would do packaged deals....

A. Almost 40 years ago I was in the same position. What I did was to buy antiques, older ones from the early 1900s and late 1800s and if they were good, I used them and if they needed refinishing and repairing, I did that.

Today's furniture is basically expensive junk. If I were to buy any new furniture today, regardless of the brand, I would only buy upholstered furniture like sofas and stuffed chairs.

New furniture that I bought over the years only consisted on a Cherry bed made of solid cherry, a dining room suit made of solid oak, and some living room furniture including a coffee table, solid oak,and the upholstered furniture.

If you can find a store, and they do exist, that sell solid oak furniture, buy that instead of going to ROOMS TO GO or places like that - they sell junk.

The problem with most furniture today is that it is not solid wood, it is made of MDF or particle board and that is a poor substitute. Get a few books on finishing and repairing furniture and make a family project out of it. what I have today is a much finer quality of furniture than they sell in stores.


best city in florida to live and fly fish?
Q. whats your favorite

A. Best city to live in???? AND Fly-fish????

Wow! There's a number of factors that could sway that decisions- I could write a book on the subject.

Here's my top picks:

#1. Palm Coast- Palm Coast has an abundance of amazing deals on property and homes. You can get a 3-4 bedroom waterfront condo with all the amenities for $109-$130 grand. (That is incredibly CHEAP for Florida waterfront) The "crash" has made these bargains available. Palm Coast has little crime- compared to Jacksonville, Miami, or Tampa. Palm Coast is stuck in the middle between St. Augustine and Daytona- if you prefer "old world charm" you can head north to St. A- if you prefer a wild, exciting, time Daytona Beach is but 45 minutes away. Because PC is a relatively new community to Florida there is a kinda "small-town atmosphere" that can't be rivaled in many other places in Fla

The fishing can be phenomenal- esp for the the Fly-fisherman. Why? PC has tons of white, sandy, flats you can fish, with muddy-bottom canals and creeks nearby too- a variety of bottom and areas you can hit. If your after Redfish, Speck Trout, Flounder, and Snook only Bradenton Fl (The Lagoon) can rival it......

#2. Cedar Key Florida- On the edge of the last "wild" areas of Florida, Steinhatchee to Cedar Key is one of the BEST places in Florida for fishing, (period). Check out this info- http://www.cedarkey.org/

In Florida, getting away from people , (and being "closer to nature") can be difficult. Cedar Key is a small town perfect for the retiree or for someone that wants to start a small restaurant, coffee shop, or art gallery. I consider it paradise.............fresh seafood, art, great fishing- this is my type of heaven. When you die you get to go to heaven or Cedar Key.

I'll see you in CK.

#3. Pensacola Fl- Great (salt & freshwater) fishing! Cross the border into Alabama and you get all the attributes of Florida with the much, much, lower taxes and prices of Alabama. AMAZING surf fishing- esp when using a Fly-rod- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1eP5FX9u9g

- http://www.visitpensacola.com/

Those are my top 3.

The Keys?? As much as I love the Keys, it has become too "commercial" for my taste. It is also extraordinarily expensive EVERYWHERE south of Boca Raton. You can still find deals inland- but, what's the point of living in Fla if you have to drive 1-2 hours to get to the beach? Right?!!

You HAVE to be fairly well-off to make it in the Keys these days....a single-wide trailer home can easily be as much as $100,000! And when the first Hurricane hits and "removes" your trailer your done- Flood insurance is either non-existent or EXTREMELY expensive in South Fl.
Add in the Crime, effect of the market crash on all of Florida, and poor public schools and you can pretty much eliminate living or raising a family south of Miami- it's just not feasible. Unless your rich........

And, of course, if your rich- the world is your oyster.

However, If your dead-set on the Keys, Little Torch and Big Pine may still have some real estate deals available- but not many.

Hope this helps?


Possible Paranormal Activity? HELP?
Q. Before I give the details, I just have to say that i've always been a skeptic. i believe in my younger years I have experianced a few things worth questioning, but could possibly have explainations. I've never been able to prove anything when dealing with strange happenings, which still leaves me as a skeptic.

The following events have happened sometime between Friday, January 15th through today, January 26th.

A couple of friends of mine, brought an Ouija board over to our new apartment on the 15th. We were having somewhat of a get together, and drinking. I didn't touch the thing, I haven't messed with one of those in about five - six years.

Now. I believe what followed after, all has an explaination. I believe their could be a reason behind everything we're witnessing, but I can't help to be spoked, considering I haven't heard any of the following before, and we have lived here almost two months.

THE 15TH AND 16TH: The night of the 15th, and 16th, I can't recall anything happening. Although, both mornings, when my fiance and I woke up, at the same time, we could hear a popping noise in the kitchen, while we are both in bed. Both mornings this has occured at the exact same time. It almost sounds as if it's a two litter popping, when the air rises in it. Though, we don't have any bottles in the kitchen. I'm sure there's an explaination for the noise, though we find it odd it has happened at the same time both mornings.

THE 16TH - 17TH: On the night of the 16th. We were laying in bed, we have a blowup matress, considering we just moved to Knoxville, from Jacksonville, FL. And don't have all of our items. I was laying closest to the bedroom door, and our dog was laying on my side of the bed, on the floor. It took me sometime to get to sleep. We hadn't thought anything about the bottles, I didn't even consider anything paranormal at this point. Our bedroom door will not open on it's own. If anything, it wants to close by itself, and refuses to stay open. I shut all doors when I go to sleep. It's an OCD thing for me. I was having trouble sleeping. I had this feeling that someone was staring at me, or watching me. Jenova, our dog, was having trouble sleeping too. Around 10 minutes after I finally got to sleep, I heard the door pop open, and the handle jingled, as if someone had twisted it, and let go. The door creaked up a bit, and then stopped. It did not close back. As I have said before, this door, closes on its own.

THE 17TH: Adam had the day off, and we were hanging out at the house. At some point, he walked into the bedroom, and shortly came out. He then asked me why I set the Space Heater in the bedroom, to 100 degree's. We've NEVER touched the heater, as our heater works well enough, and have never had to use it. It's not digital, it's a knob that you have to turn, and it sticks as well. There is no reason for me to have turned it all the way up. I hadn't told him about the handle. But I found the heater turned all the way up odd, and decided to tell him. After explaining to him what happened with the bedroom door the previous night, he laughed a little, and joked that maybe it was because of the board. This is around the time I started thinking about it. But, me being skeptic, and thinking there could be a reason for everything that's happened. About two minutes after telling him what happened, the same thing happened, this time with the closet door. And, the closet door, acts just as the bedroom door. I walked into the bedroom, the closet was completely open. I tapped it, and it closed. We tried to get it to stay open, but it wouldn't stay on it's own. Although, previously, it was.

Nothing to odd happened the next few days.

I don't remember which day it was, but he confronted me about the space heater again. This time, it was on 60. Again, I hadn't touched it. Now, the knob is NOT on the heater. It's on the opposite wall, and it's too high for any of my dogs to accidently knock into it. It's about level with my head.

LAST NIGHT THE 25TH - 26TH: We were sleeping in the living room. I woke up, at around 3AM. And Adam was awake next to me, I asked him why he wasn't sleeping, and he told me to hush. So, I listended for a bit, and could hear what SOUNDED like, a few notes of music, every few minutes. Just barely auidable. It sounded as if it was coming from the TV. It would switch from sounding like music, to sounding like a conversation on the TV. Imagine your TV being on very low, almost to the point where you cant here it, but can pick up a few bits of conversation. Only, your TV is completly off. I thought, maybe the neighbors were playing music, or had their TV loud. The thing is, there is 10 apartments to a Unit. And we're 1 of 3 families that live in our unit. There are three floors, us on the top, and the other two on the first floor. There's nobody directly beside, or below us.

As for today. Adam left the house for work around 10AM. I went back to sleep, awaking

A. Ouija boards don't summon spirits or anything they work by the ideometer effect, you push it around subconsciously yourself so you may as well have said that your friends had a nice game of checkers or any other game, since playing them will have exactly the same effect as the ouija - that is none.

It's a bit hard for any of us to identify where your noises and stuff are coming from since we can't hear them and don't have access to your house to investigate, but that seeing you said in the first sentence that you are a skeptic I'm sure you will find answers that aren't based on spooky magic. And sometimes we hear noises and never work out exactly what they are - which doesn't matter since they are causing us no harm and being skeptics we know that they don't originate from some paranormal source.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My husband and I recently bought our first house in Kingsland, GA trying to find affordable quality furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment