Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Where can I find a bed like this for my daughter ?

Q. Okay I am on my daughters account and she is really into Japanese culture. She showed me how she wants her room, and I thought a room makeover would be a wonderful Christmas present. The bed she wants is only on a website, and I don't like ordering furniture online, so no answers like Ebay please.
Thank you.

Here's the link:
http://www.haikudesigns.com/bedroom-furniture-sets.htm


She wants the floating platform bed.

A. Try walmart, here is a link to all the platform beds:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/Furniture/Bedroom-Furniture/Beds/_/Nh-3yc4Zaq90ZaqceZ1yzn9ll/Ne-aqxa?ic=48_0&ref=125874.184468+501454.4292504409&tab_value=172608_All&catNavId=102547&waRef=+501454.4292504409&catNavId=102547


I know you mentioned that you don't like ordering online, and I'm not sure if walmart actually carries any of these in the store, but you do have the option to have it sent to the store or to your home. But maybe you could go to your local walmart and check. These beds are very nice looking and very affordable then compared if you were to walk into a furniture store. My friend ordered one of these style beds off of walmart and had it sent to the store and it is very nice looking and made well. Hope this helps!!


Japanese/Chinese styled bedroom with a bit of punk?
Q. im almost 16 and love both of these styles and before i just wanted a japanese styled room, but i want some originality with it like punkish.
im mainly looking for wall color, drapes, and accessories to do this.
pictures and links would be helpful. :]

A. Well, in favor of the Japanese, keep straight lines and simplicity in mind. Try to keep furniture simple and matching. But when punking it up, try really funky colors and patterns in mind, but tasteful to emulate a Kimono into the mix. When getting wall decor, go for flowers and nature like, but get it like in bizarre setting, (Warhol i think). i think that would help.


How is your bedroom?!!!!!!?
Q. A little describe would be good.I redecorate my bedroom and im looking for ideas

A. I love Paris and started to create a Paris theme for my bedroom. So far I have an Eiffel Tower bedding set, damask wallpaper and Paris posters. Got my ideas from here:

http://www.squidoo.com/paris-themed-bedroom

Here are some other cool ideas:

http://www.squidoo.com/japanese-style-bedroom
http://www.squidoo.com/marilyn-monroe-hollywood-bedroom
http://www.squidoo.com/zebra-teen-bedroom

Hope this helps give you some decorating ideas, good luck =)


Japanese bedroom setup, help?
Q. I would like to setup my room in a Japanese Fashion..
But, everywhere I look doesn't help..
I am currently in America, so my room is in an American Household.
But, I am allowed to set it up as a Japanese room, if I wish.

Tips and advice will be appreciated.
There is a television in the room.
I have my laptop and my computer..
The room isn't much bigger then the room I had back in Tokyo..

A. The problem to answering your question is exactly which Japanese fashion are you looking for? You have the traditional style used in ryokan which feature tatami mats, a futon on the floor that gets rolled up during the day and very minimalist design. You also have the more modern style which isn't too different than an American's room. Without knowing what you are shooting for, or if you want a blend, it's hard to help you out.

To keep it more Japanese, stay minimalist. The absence of clutter will help you think more clearly.

---

For the computer/TV you have a couple options available. One is get a desk big enough for all of the electronics--but that is more of an American mentality. Alternatively you can put the TV in the closet or (if it is an LCD or other flat screen) mount it on the wall. A small desk with enough room to write and keep your computer equipment would be all you need. LCD monitors are definitely preferred to keep things out of the way.

As far as wall decorations you have quite a few options available to you. A shoji screen in front of a window will give you some privacy without taking up a lot of room. You may look at getting a used kimono or obi as a wall decoration. I purchased a set from Ichiroya (link below) and have had very good experience with them. The kimono would be something more unique than the stereotypical katana. The men's juban have some really neat designs. A woman's obi can have some very ornate patterns, and can also be used creatively in the decor as well.

Since you've spent time in Japan, think about the spaces you've been in and derive some inspiration from those. Other than through books, pictures, and J-Doramas, I haven't been in a Japanese house.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a bed like this for my daughter ?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment