Saturday, January 19, 2013

How do I fix a new apartment from scratch?

Q. I'm going through a divorce and have to start over again.
I really don't know where to start , with cash being tight right now.
any help would be most appreciated.
Thank You one and All.

A. Im sorry for what youre going through, that must be really difficult. however, there is a bright side! youll be out of your crappy relationship soon and on your feet in no time...

as for your question...

I had next to noooo money when I moved into my new apartment. Craigslist and IKEA were seriously lifesavers. I got a set of REALLY NICE couches on craigslist, the woman I got them from was looking to have her floors redone and just wnated them out of her house by the next morning...perfectly nice, modern looking couch and loveseat for FREE. I also got my matress set from craigslist, from some kid who was moving, spur of the moment out to cali (I live in boston) and needed to sell his almost new jordans furniture queen sized mattress and boxsprings...I got them under a year old, valued at 1200 for only 200 bucks. If you look, and you must look, and be vigilent you can seriously find the most amazing deals on craigslist. I have a beautiful apartment, all of my friends comment on how gorgeous it is when they come over for the first time, and seriously to furnish two bedrooms, living room, kitchen total I must've spend less then $1500 bucks. which, when you think of it, is a steal. and Im including the prices of flatwear, kitchen wear etc. that I got all from IKEA so inexpensively. Good luck, it can be done! You just have to be creative


Just bought a new house & we need a TON of furniture...?
Q. Please give me your thoughts on...
Jordans
Bernie & Phylls
Cardi's
Bob's Discount Furniture
Any other good ones? We live in South Shore, MA

THANK YOU!!

A. I'm not familiar with your part of the country, so the best I can do is advise that you check out the thrift stores, used furniture stores and resale/consignment shops in your area. A lot of times, you can find whole sets/suites (dining room, bedroom) in good condition for very reasonable prices. Often times, you can also find matched sets of lamps as well. Make sure that you bring a light bulb with you to test lamps.

Should you decide to go this route, one thing I will advise that you do is to purchase your mattress sets new and consider protecting your investments with the bed bug protection mattress covers - one each mattress and box spring. While they can be a bit on the pricey side for the bigger sized beds (queen, king), it is well worth the expense to prevent an infestation where you lose all of your upholstered furniture, beds and carpeting and have to start over again from scratch (no pun intended).


Prices for furniture nature in Saudi?
Q. We want new furniture for our house. It doesn't have to be the best things that money can buy but we do want good quality durable stuff. How much do you think it would cost for the following:

1) a formal living room set with couches, tables, curtains and a few decor pieces

2) a casual living room set with couches, tables, curtains, and a few decor pieces(not including tv)

3) a bedroom set including a king sized bed, 2 end tables, 2 dressers and a large closet

4) a small kitchen set just the cabinets and counter tops(no appliances)

I have been told about 10000SR for each room but wanted to get some other opinions.

A. it will be cheaper and better quality if you Buy them from usa
I bought and shipped everything to jordan 3 years ago,
my furniture, 42' LCD ,dish washer,dryer,washer,car,clothes,my kids clothes,Toys, playstation ,desktop,tools,
cost me with shipping around $18000
good luck


red this please?!:) furniture question?
Q. i have 2 dressers and a nightstand for my furniture set(no bed, my dad made me a very nice headboard that takes up the whole wall, though i would likie a bed it would look stupid infromt on the headboard) but anyways theyre my grandmas from when she was a kid, so theyre old looking. theyre painted white but its alll old and dirty and chippped. they have flowers like carve into them, they are pretty i guess but not my style at allll!!! but anywyas im getting rid of one of them so ill only use one. is there anywhere i can get a nice white dresser thats not a ton of money?!


http://jordans.com/KidsDressers/K00059010.aspx

^ thats like the style i like, not that exact one but like fresh clean white and just new loooking.

please answer!!! :)

A. this dresser will give you a new looking, hope this helps http://www.furniture-cn.com/p_detail.php?type=bedroom&id=581





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I fix a new apartment from scratch?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment