Saturday, January 19, 2013

how do I setup a play area for my 3 year old son in a 1 bedroom apartment?

Q. I have moved from a single family home to a 1 bedroom apartment. My son used to have his own toy room. Now the only place I have for him is the dining area. We dont use a dining table so we decided to use that area as his toy / play area. Any ideas on how I can organize that area so that I can make it his play area ?

A. Ikea has great kids organizational tubs and shelving. Not expensive, and a good way to keep order. A cheapy solution is to buy a collasable kids tent for him to play in.


Any decorating ideas for a teenage bedroom?
Q. I really wanna decorate my room. It's so boring. I live in an apartment, which sucks because I can't paint it! Does anyone have any ideas on how to decorate it? Plus, I'm on a low-budget!
Also, does anyone know where to get damask wall stickers?

A. You're lucky, I've recently been introduced to a new style of wall designing perfect for tenants who don't own their space/room/apartment. No need to paint or worry about wall stains from glues. The designs are decals pressed up to the walls. Very easy to setup, too!

Visit this website:
http://www.dezignmywall.com/

They've a VERY wide range of designs. From kiddie, to teens, to nature, to grownup, oh, so many!!!

You can visit them on facebook too:
http://www.facebook.com/dezignmywall.shop


how do you remove and replace smoke detectors?
Q. The chirping started at about 4:00a and it does not stop, the battery is fine and I did replace it with a new one anyway; I am afraid that if I disconnect it it will go off and wake up my neighbors; maybe if I remove the battery first, then I unwire it it will stop? Any ideas? I can't find the instructions nor a diagram for my model on line

A. Well some smoke detectors have a special wire that basically puts in in line or in tune with other smoke detectors in your home.

For example, we have a 4 level townhome. If one smoke detector goes off all the way downstairs, our bedroom and every floor in between will also go off.

So although the battery may be dead in ONE of them, it's not necessarily the one you replaced.

That's assuming you have that sort of smoke detector setup.

As far as replacing the smoke detector. Simply disconnect it, undo the screws holding the base in place, and replace.

Disconnecting it will not sound the alarm.


Can I attach my headphones to a TV somewhat wirelessly?
Q. I have a Dynex tv mounted in my bedroom and I want to connect my headphones to it. I am wonderin if there is some sort of hub I can use that I can plug the wired headphones into and have the sound wirelessly sent to it....im pretty sure there is some kind of bluetooth item, but I dont know exactly what to get nor do I want to spend too much. Any ideas? Thanks for the help and If you need more information, let me know.

A. you can buy bluetooth gear, will cost you about $30 for a transmitter then you either need bluetooth headphones or a receiver that will prob cost you another $15 or so from the internet.

If you don't mind average sound quality you can buy one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wireless-FM-Transmitter-Car-Charger-MP3-MP4-/250728244910?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item3a609166ae

and one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-5mm-Jack-2-RCA-Audio-Adapter-Cable-Ipod-MP3-1m-/190483892962?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item2c59b98ae2

all for under $5 and then plug some normal headphones into a cheap $2 fm radio,
that's if you have some good headphones that you like.
otherwise you can just buy the setup:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hi-Fi-Wireless-Headphone-FM-Radio-Monitor-MP4-PC-Audio-/200555601596?pt=AU_Computers_Headphones_Microphones&hash=item2eb20b9ebc

but usually the headphone speakers won't be too great.
check ebay for 2.4ghz wireless headphones too, a bit more but better sound..





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how do I setup a play area for my 3 year old son in a 1 bedroom apartment?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment