Monday, January 14, 2013

How to add unzipped files into Sims 2 game?

Q. I've unzipped and extracted the files to the EA Games/Downloads folder.. but now I don't know how to add them to my Sims 2 game? Any help?
THANKS SO MUCH!

Also, the files are like bedroom sets and stuff.

A. Once more into the famous canned answer file . . .

First and most importantly make sure you download this file: it is called "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 7.0 and you can find it at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92541
This file is an EXE file and all you need to to is download it and double click on it to install.

Next, find the file you want to add to your game. READ the info on it. Look to see if it requires a MESH file that is not included. If you need to download a separate MESH, make sure that you do this or the thing will not work.

Download the file and the MESH. Remember where you put it.

Unzip, unrar, un7z it into the following folder:

My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads

If it doesn't exist, make it.

If you don't have Winzip you can find it here:

http://www.download-zone-free.com/winzip/?OVRAW=winzip&OVKEY=winzip&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=1567058522&OVKWID=13322523022

If you don't have WinRAR you can find it here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

When you start your program the next time it will tell you Custom Content has been found, make sure you enable custom content. Turn off the game then start it again.

Now play, go to your buy mode or build mode and see if your new stuff appears in the catalog. It should.

Have fun.


How can i watch cable in my bedroom?
Q. What devices do I need in order to set up the cable jack with the tv?

A. It depends on what TV channel package you've subscribed to and what type of TV you have. If you've subscribed to Basic or Expanded Basic cable, no cable box is required (with most cable companies). Your channels will be all analog or maybe analog plus some standard-def digital channels. You can watch the analog channels on any TV.

If you have a modern HDTV, you're going to want a subscription to your cable company's HD channel package and an HD cable box. It will work the same as an old TV with Basic cable (no cable box), but again you're just getting analog channels and you won't like the picture on your new widescreen set.


What are some really good ways to go green?
Q. I already turned off everything in my bedroom, planted ten trees, I don't take any longer than 15 minute showers, I raised salmon...Any other Ideas? Oh and I recycle as much as possible. Thanks!

A. Going green is easy, there are so many great resources about the subject. My personal favorite is "The Green Book" which has parts of its book online as well at www.readthegreenbook.com.

As I have been striving to "Go Green" I realize it is like stepping back in time without getting rid of my modern conveniences. I'm doing many things I learned as a child, like line drying my clothes, sweeping instead of vacuuming, opening the windows in the morning to catch the cool breeze, only buying what I need instead of everything that looks cool, growing some of my own food, and canning what I can't eat now.

To me "going Green" is a frame of mind. Do what fits your lifestyle and do the easy things first, it is a process and like dieting if you go to radical to soon, you are more likely to go back to bad habits. I also believe there are good, better, best choices in most things. If you aren't ready to start a home garden, then try finding a farmers market, until you locate one look for produce grown as close to home as possible and go organic when available.

Many people think "going green" is expensive, I disagree. Some changes may take an initial investment, but they usually have a short payoff time. Things like weatherstiping and insulation cost, but the energy savings will add up quickly. You may need to purchase reusable bags, but most stores give you a 5 or 10 cent credit, so you are paid back within a few months.

My top tips are make your home more energy efficient, that also means using natural light, cooling and heating.

Reduce your packaging, if you eat more fresh food you will generally reduce packaging, it's the same thing they tell dieters, shop the perimiter, that is where all the meat, dairy and produce are located. Only buy what you will use, many Americans throw away a lot of unused food. Buy in bulk, that doesn't just mean large packages, but that area with the bins that you buy only what you plan on using.

Replace disposable items with durable items, if you eat outside often and use disposable paper or plastic plates, it is a wise investment to purchase a set of reusable plastic plates. Replace disposable razors, diapers and cleaning products like swiffer. Avoid bottled water, get a home filter like Pur or Brita.

Recycle, www.earth911.org will help you locate the nearest recycle center. I try to only purchase plastics that are #1 or #2, they are more easily recycled. I also buy recycled products when available, that includes paper towels, napkings, toilet paper, tissue, school/office supplies and clothing.

Detox your cleaning, vinegar and baking soda clean almost anything, they can even losen a hair clog. Seventh Generation and Method are a couple mainstream brands that are very earth friendly.

Just start small and build from there, don't get overwhelmed.


How much did it cost for your to furnish your place?
Q. I'm wondering how much it would cost to furnish a 3 bedroom, 2000 sq. ft home. We're planning to buy all new furniture.

How much did it cost for you, and what furniture stores did you go to? Do you have a lot of hand-me-downs? Please include how many bedrooms you have and/or square footage.

A. Furnishing you home can be very expensive. I have a 1200 sq. ft home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Furnishing the living room and the bedroom were the most expensive. These two rooms cost approximately $1500/room to furnish. All our furniture came from Rooms to Go. I waited on sales and discounts before making any big purchases. The kids room and guest room were less expensive to furnish. These rooms were less expensive because we didn't buy room packages and purchased the neccesities, such as just the bed and dresser or nightstand (s). The kids room and guest room cost approximately $800/room. Furnishings for these rooms came from Ikea. The dining room cost approximately $400. The dining room set came from the Room Store. I waited for sales and discounts before making any purchases here too. Most furniture stores have a family and friends day were they give the customer 10 to 20 percent off their products. Use the 10 to 20 percent coupon on a day when there is also a sale. You could save 200 to 500 dollars on furniture. Also, ask for free delivery specials; paying for delivery can get expensive. Note: When buying furniture packages, make sure the price is less than buying the pieces seperate. I found an error in a package price where the package price was more than if I bought the prices seperate. I saved myself an extra $100.

As far as hand me downs, I do not have any. However if you have old living furniture such as sofas, chairs, or loveseats, you can go to a furniture upholstery store or outlet and have you living furniture revamped in the style you want at a cost lower than buying new furniture. Your furniture will be custom.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to add unzipped files into Sims 2 game?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment