Sunday, January 13, 2013

Websites for bedroom furniture?

Q. I want new bedroom furniture. I like dark colors, modern, simple, teenager style, and comfortable. Do you know any websites where they might sell furniture like this. It doesn't have to be everything I listed, but pretty close. I'd also like it if the website had a desk that matches the bedroom set. Nothing too pricey (under $2,500) and pretty good quality. Thank You!

Also, if you know a website where I can find accessories (lamps, sheets, ect.), then pleas list! Thanks again.

A. There are lots of websites with lots of product. The problem is the price doesn't always match the quality. If you plan on only keeping your furniture for 1 to 5 years and treat your furniture with kid gloves Ikea may be a good choice, however, ask anyone that has had Ikea furniture for a while or attempted to move it. It tends to auto destruct upon moving. Those cam lock type assembly hardware just don't like to be moved. What makes it fairly inexpensive is what makes it poor quality. The whole thing is about freight and warehouse space. This should NOT YOUR PROBLEM. In my humble opinion, virtually all assemble yourself furniture is inferior quality mostly made of particleboard filled with formaldehyde. My family and I have been in the furniture business both manufacturing and retailing for over 60 years. Our retail store went on line almost 20 years ago. I understand both manufacturing and retailing. I sell what I make every day of the week in my store. Consider checking out a local store with less than 5 to 10 stores. in my experience the larger the chain, the poorer the quality and service. Also, in this difficult housing market, many both large and small stores are struggling and over 20,000 retail furniture stores both large and small have gone out of in business in the last 18 months. PAY BY CREDIT CARD for a little protection. I have noticed fairly good quality furniture in Costco. In the STORE not on line. It is very seasonal for them and the selection is very limited but well priced and good quality. Also please check out our website and blog @ www.barnfurniture.com


Where can i find a full over futon bunk bed for under 500 dollars?
Q. My parents are considering letting me get a bedroom set and this is what i would like but i cant find one anywhere, please help. I have looked endlessly but i cannot find one anywhere.

A. I just got one from Shop Ko a few months ago and I absolutely love it! (However after just looking at their website I cannot seem to find the one that I purchased...) Good choice though! Anyhow, if you are looking online which is what I did first you can click on this link: http://www.google.com/products?q=futon+bunk+bed&hl=en which will give you many options. I hope this is what you meant!


I have a old Ethan Allen (Girl)Bedroom Set and would like to sell it. How do i know how much it's worth?
Q. The Original Owner painted the Set twice. The Head and Footboard have damage on the wicker. I wanted to strip the paint but do not want to hurt the Furniture.
Fullsize Bed,Chiffon Robe,Desk (Marble Top) and matching Mirror.

A. Very good brand name Ad say the bed is worth 500.the armoire is maybe 1000 night table are worth maybe 300 and the mirror 200 hope that help you good luck.


Hey much should sell my bedroom set for?
Q. I had it for little under 4 years, I bought it for around 2,500.
Bed- Headboard, Footboard, mattress
Dresser- Has 4 drows, very deep.
Nightstand- Two drows

All of these is very classy and is white. I don't know what type of wood but it is very strong.

Anyway, I'm trying to sell this and get enough money from it to by another bedset.

What is a reasonaly price for all of this?

A. Typically, I don't think bedroom furniture has a high resale value...that is to say, it doesn't sell "used" for nearly as much as you purchased it. I sold my white painted wood bedroom set (bed, desk, bedside, dresser) for $500 or so, but I was trying to get rid of it fast. Go on craigslist and see what others are going for. Always set the price high and let people negotiate down from there. Good Luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Websites for bedroom furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. I have read your whole discussion and I would like to share you my experience with online furniture shopping with the website. One of my friend told me about the website i.e. http://www.homescapesonline.com/ and I browsed whole website. All the designs are awesome and here I got the perfect furniture as I want for my home whether for my kids room, bedroom or for kitchen. I just love those people and many of times I prefer this website to all of my friends who are interested to shop online furniture. Also the cost are good as per the customer budgets.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete