Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Where is a good discount furniture site for bedroom sets?

Q. I am looking to start furnishing my apartment after college. Does anyone know where I can buy a bedroom set cheep.

A. A furniture brand you might want to look into is Prepac furniture. It's the type of furniture you have to assemble yourself, but it's much nicer than any other furniture of that type I've ever come across. I was apprehensive to try it, but I didn't want to settle for the assembled furniture I was finding for the price I wanted to pay. I'm glad I gave it a chance - it's great! I'll include a link below to where I got it :)


What things should I really look for when renting a 1-bedroom apartment?
Q. This is going to be my first time actually going out on my own at the age of 21 and trying to find a 1 bedroom apartment to live in. I would like to know what questions to ask the landlord. Also, how much is it on average to rent a 2-bedroom apartment? Can I negotiate the rent with the landlord or is it a set price? Thanks. I hope to make it on my own.

A. You can call the local police dept. for information about crime in the are. Also if you are thinking of renting in a complex the police will be able to tell you approximately how many calls they have from that complex. Ask your landlord what the utilities run per month in that particular apartment. Make sure that the apartment that you are looking at is the same one that you will be renting. Make sure that you are able to cope with what ever lease that they are asking for, IE: 6 month or 12 month lease. Inspect the apartment for the following: Water drainage in the tub and sinks, water pressure, leaks under the cabinets, water standing in the dishwasher, fresh filter in furnace, burnt bulbs, clean carpet, loose woodwork, fresh paint. Check the ceiling for water spots (leaks) Check to make sure that the following are all in working condition: dishwasher, garbage disposal, oven, refrigerator, furnace and A/C. Ask the landlord how many maintenance personnel work there. If it is in a complex, then there should be 1 maintenance person for every 75 units. Should you choose to rent a 2 bedroom apartment, they typically are priced 100 more per month than a 1 bedroom depending on where you reside. Ask the landlord what they feel about a room mate. Who knows, you may need one at a later date. I mean 1/2 rent sounds better in a 2 bedroom than full rent in a 1 right? I hope that this helps you.


How much should I sell my bedroom furniture for?
Q. I have a black 7 piece queen size bedroom set with two night stands, a dresser and a mirror that I purchased for $1600 about 16 months ago. I also paid $600.00 for some pillow top mattresses. Everything looks brand new. Someone offered $700. How much should I sell it for? Mattresses included.

A. The best answer is whatever you can get for it, I think $700 isn't a good price for it, but it's most probably close to what it's worth at most.

When you buy new, you're paying for the over heads as well. If you place an add in a free online site saying what you have is new or bought 2 weeks ago, you'd be very lucky to get 70% of that $2200 you paid for it. Reason being that buying from a store you have in general an amount of consumer protection for the most part.

What most people don't understand, is that the store bought that product or those goods for a fraction of what they sold it for, to cover their over heads. My Ex used to work for a big department store, I was surprised to find out that some items have a 500% mark up, I'm not saying there was a 500% mark up on your goods, but I'm guessing at least 100% if not more.


Where are some places to get furniture for good price and good quality?
Q. I need a whole bedroom set with a full-size bed for under $1000. But I might not need all the pieces. Maybe just the bed, a beside table, and a drawer. Anyway, I would like the furniture to last a long time. I considered Ikea, but I heard their furniture doesn't last very long.

A. try local consignment or thrift shops for older used furniture, it was made better back then or go for a bed with a metal headboard and antique dressers and night stand, the pieces don't have to match and thats the in thing right now, its also cool to hunt for them,,





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where is a good discount furniture site for bedroom sets?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment