Saturday, December 29, 2012

Is it possible for a baby scorpion to be in the United States homes?

Q. I found a baby scorpion in my sons room tonite crawling from under the bed. I live in a two bedroom apartment in dallas, tx. I have looked up some info on this creature and found that they are found commonly in the middle eastern and Africa. So why is it here. Maybe it is lost. Should I be worried that the parents aren't to far behind. His color was light brown with dark spots on the claws. what should I do.

A. As so many of the answerers stated, yes, scorpions are abundant in The U.S. Not to mention that there are various species as well. Anyway, you have a lot of thorough responses. What I have to offer is an easy way to catch them and dispose of them, if you are like me and don't want to harm them. Take a large jar and put it over the scorpion, gently slide a thin piece of cardboard or plastic under the jar. Make sure the entire opening is covered and the scorpion is on the cardboard/plastic. Then quicky flip the jar over, holding the cardboard/plastic firmly against the rim of the jar. Now that the jar is upright, you can remove the cardboard/plastic. The scorpion cannot climb up the side of glass. Then you can punch holes into the lid and seal the jar. Now compare to pics from one of the sites that were offered by other answerers, and you can show your children, neighbors, and friends and tell them all about that species. I am not aware of any scorpions in the U.S. that are deadly, but it does pay to be cautious, some people have problems with ant bites and bee stings. You could set the scorpion free out in the woods somewhere. You can catch spiders this way too. Good luck.


looking for elegant, unique and affordable bedroom and living room furniture set in Dallas, TX?
Q. Hi
I am looking for elegant, unique and affordable bedroom set and living room set in Dallas, TX. Please can you direct me to furniture outlet /warehouse which sell quality furniture for less. I am looking for a outlet where I can buy quality brand name furniture on wholesale prices.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Leo

A. Try the Dump


High for an electricity bill in Dallas, TX?
Q. Just wondering if $115 is a lot for a month's electricity bill in a 2nd floor one bedroom apartment? I keep it set from 78-79 most of the time. The lowest I have ever gone was 77, and that's rare. I thought it would be around $70-80 a month.
Thanks, I guess it just seemed a little high. I'm coming from California where I didn't have an electricity bill.

A. That a normal price to pay.


CAN THUNDER SHATTER HOME WiNDOWS?
Q. Is thunder strong enough that if a REALLY hard one comes that it can shatter home windows?I live in a 2 story house in dallas,tx and sometimes thunder gets loud and usually when there is a T-storm there is just this one LOUD EAR POPPING CAR/HOUSE ALARM setting off thunder and it shakes the windows real good so can thunder shatter windows and has it happened to you?Thanks

A. Lightening hit about a block from our house and the thunder knocked our bedroom window out. I was laying on my back on the bed and ended up with shattered glass all over me.

I doubt that thunder could knock out a double pane window however. Ours was a single pane.

If you are worried about it and you have a fat wallet, you can put transparent security window film on the glass. It cannot shatter after that. See the link below.

And best to you, have a great day down there in beautiful Dallas.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible for a baby scorpion to be in the United States homes?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment