Friday, December 28, 2012

Is renting a bedroom set for the year going to be a rip off?

Q. I need a bedroom set but only for a year. I'm not interested in buying unless I can get it cheap because I'll just have to sell it in a year. How much does it cost to rent a set?

A. I did this once.

Once.

Renting is for people who need to have something that looks new in order to impress their social circle.  You'll get a much better deal on Craig's List or Goodwill.  When you're done, dump it back on Craig's List or at Goodwill.


Where would the best place be to rent furniture for the whole house at the cheapest rate?
Q. I am new to the Toledo area and just found an apartment. I am starting anew and need new couch, dinette set, and bedroom set (entertainment center w/ TV). I know about Rent-A-Center, Aaron's, and a few others that are commercial but was wondering if there was a cheaper way to go before I sign any contracts.

A. We have used Rent-a-Center. What's great baout them is, if you have to let it go back, you can start again at any time nd pick up where you left off. You don't lose anything. It has to be a similar thing though, like if you rented a washing machine and paid over half, then lost your job and had to let it go back, you can get another washing machine later and all the payments you paid before apply to the new one.


Has anyone did the rent to own furniture at house of television? ?
Q. I was just wondering, how much does it cost a week to rent a couch, bedroom set, TV and a refrigerator?
how much did your son pay weekly?

A. Rent to own will keep you paying through the teeth for the rest of your life. My son contracted for a TV and paid weekly for 3 years and still owed $600. for it when I paid it off. If he had continued making the payments it would have cost him $4200. He could have bought the same set At BestBuy for $1300. CRAZY. Don't do it.


I have to have a bedroom set moved from a friend's house to my house. I have no car. What's the best way?
Q. This is in the small town of Champaign in central Illinois. I want as little to do with the move as possible. Would moving companies move a bedroom set across town? It's just a mattress, boxspring bedframe, dresser, mirror, and nightstand. How much would it cost? Any recommendations on movers? I'm new to this.

A. arrg ... go to menards and rent a truck for90 min for 20 dollars or go to uhall and rent a van --- that should be about 20-30 -- do NOT use a movers unless you have lots of stuff or lots and lots of stairs..... best way - rent a truck - get some friends together and offer pizza and beer AFTER the move!!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is renting a bedroom set for the year going to be a rip off?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment