Saturday, December 29, 2012

What are some tips to clean your house fast?

Q. Bathrooms, Kitchens (Our dishwasher is broken, by the way), Bedrooms, Living Room, anything!

A. If your home is really messy right now, set aside a day that you can devote to tidying it up completely to make it presentable. Just the basics like picking up clutter, dirty laundry in a pile near your washer (separated), maybe start laundry if you feel ambitious too, dust all surfaces with something like a swiffer duster (love those!), and wash the dishes.

Some tips on QUICK and easy cleaning ideas that really work for me (as with everyone else on the planet, I have a jam packed schedule and not much time to clean):

1 - I have 2 Swiffer Wet Jet's in my home and plenty of supplies for them. One upstairs and one on our main floor. They are God's answer to those of us who hate to mop! Although I am saving up for that steam cleaning mop being advertised all the time since there are no chemicals for it. Easy to just pull it out if you spill anything.

2 - For dusting basic items, I swear by the Swiffer duster (no, I don't work for Swiffer, LOL). No spray necessary, quick and easy plus it works well. Keep one on each floor of your home or each large area so it's easy to get to.

3 - Vacuum often to keep allergens and dust out of the house. We use a bag less vacuum and empty it after each use.

4 - As was said before, once your home is neat, KEEP it that way by cleaning as you go. One thing that our family does is whenever we leave a room, we look around to see if there are any items that need to be put away and bring them with us to do so. Honestly, upkeep takes literally minutes whereas cleaning up everything in a rush is stressful and a pain in the butt. Make your bed each morning, take dirty laundry directly to where you keep it or near the washing machine (don't forget to separate into different piles), wash your plate or cup right after use, OH, and use the same cup all day if you can to avoid extra dishes to clean.

5 - This is just a personal preference, but I get loads of compliments from doing it, have a collection of Yankee Candles (you can get them online if there is not a store nearby) and light them when you are home. I have tried other scented candles and these are the very best IMO. The Clean Cotton scent is very nice and smells really fresh.

All in all, prior planning is the key. My mom is a cleaning fanatic, so bad that when she hired a maid service she had to re-clean everything they did once they left! So, every day I look at my house and say to myself, "If my mom just showed up unannounced this very minute, would I be proud or would I be mortified by the state of my home?" That's usually enough for me to get off my butt and clean up, LOL! Oh, and for motivation, watch the show "Hoarders" or "How Clean is your House?".

I have tons of tricks for specific cleaning issues that make tough jobs easy, so if you have something specific, please feel free to send me a note! Good luck!


what are good ways to make my room more homey?
Q. my room is rather large, but seems very dull and lifeless compared to the bedrooms of my friends. I'm really not sure what it is about them that makes them seem so cozy, but im dying to have my room be cozy and homey. Any decoration suggestions?
p.s. painting my walls are out of the question, they are already a sea foam pearl (blue/green) color.
thanks to anyone who answers, and please don't answer if you don't know.
xoxo

A. Photos of you with your friends and family. Also, large nonflowering plants and other wall hangings and find a small, very soft rug with alot of colors that you like and tassles around the edges. Also, you could go to an "Earthbound" or some other funky foreign stuff store and pick one thingy, religious icon or statue of an animal and set it up as the mascot of your room. Do go by the Yankee candle and pick a signature scent for your room. Think about it. You will figure something out.
Cheers!


isn't it funny that everyone out of the state of ohio pretty much guarantee LBJ is leaving?
Q. he says he wants to win multiple championships and you think he will do that New York?!?! LMFAO

look,he says he loves it here...and this is HIS HOME!!! also keep in mind

new york<cleveland

shut up knick fans, he likes the yankee's because they are the yankee's, does anyone even give a crap that there is a new york knicks team?!?

A. They are fools.
He DID say he wants to be the first billionaire player. So what? That means what?
Does that mean he will take less years and less money to play for a lousy NY team?
Why?
The Cavs CAN and WILL give him MORE YEARS and MORE DOLLARS.
Espn reported that NY can give him approximately 5 years at 90-95 million. They also reported that Clevelanad will offer him as a FIRST offer 6 years at 135 million. Any offer made to James will be matched and increased by the Cavs.
And one poster said he loves NY? Does he love it so much he just had a ENORMOUS 5 acre 35, 440 square foot 11 bedroom Castle built from scratch to accomodate his own tastethat just happens to be located in close distance from the Cavaliers brand new $25 million dollar training facility? I love the fact that his childrens mother says it is "The only place I would ever want to live"
Hmmmm....
This is a guy that lives year round in Ohio. Not just an Ohio renter. Huge ties to Ohio/ Akorn and Cleveland. I assure you he loves his homestate more then NY.
NY will come to him, the money, the deals, the movies-whatever he wants. He can set in Ohio and collect NYC dollars.
And to the poster above...Cleveland is ran very very professional. Great owner who will throw money around like it's growing on trees-players get the best practice facility and ameneities in the NBA. Other players from other teams have said they are jealous of all the Cavs amenities (Jason Kidd, McGrady, Pierce, Parker). I think they would know better then you.


What was Obermann's Ratings...?
Q. ...in bed. Not very good she says.

KEITH GETS LOW RATINGS IN BED

October 9, 2006 -- A BROWN-haired beauty who claims she had an unsatisfying one-night stand with Keith Olbermann is getting her sweet revenge - she's launched a blog to warn other women about the acerbic MSNBC commentator's boorish bedroom habits.

The bitter babe, who calls herself KarmaBites1, says she doesn't want others "to fall into the same trap . . . and I want him to feel some remorse for what he's done . . . He sets his mind on a woman, lures her in, and once he gets what he wants, he refuses to ever speak to them again. And I don't think he understands the damage he's caused."

A 30-something office worker of Caribbean descent, KarmaBites1 said she struck up an e-mail friendship with Olbermann, whom she admired, and agreed to fly to New York to meet him last May. She says he came to her hotel room and opened a bottle of Merlot which he "spilled all over." Then, when "sexual activity began [in] less than an hour," Olbermann had difficulty. "I pretended he knew what he was doing," the embittered blogger writes. "I adored the guy. I didn't want him to think he was a dud in bed," so she faked experiencing ecstasy.

Next, he piled on excuses as to why he had to leave. "He told me he's an insomniac and that it's hard for him not to sleep in his own bed. He also mentioned he hadn't had 'company' in a while. [He said] he had an early meeting with the Yankees [and] he might be allergic to the pillows in the hotel bed."

Six days later, she claims, Olbermann e-mailed her to tell her never to contact him again. "I practically begged him to explain what I did wrong. I told him I deserved some kind of explanation for such a dismissal, but I never heard from him again." She said she's since heard from six other women who say they had brief sexual relationships with Olbermann.

She named her blog forthisreliefmuchthanks.blogspot.com, after a line from "Hamlet" she says the perennial bachelor quoted.

Olbermann's spokeswoman said she'd get back to us, but didn't.
http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/10092006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm
Arvis, are you serious. O'Reilly has been No. 1 for a long long time and olb. has been last for a long time. Check the ratings the next time they come out.

A. I am amazed that anyone even watches that idiot.

I'm surprised he even has a show. Rumor is, that MSNBC is thinking about cancelling MSNBC due to poor ratings





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are some tips to clean your house fast?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment