Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moving to Pittsburgh, help!!?

Q. Hello everyone! Thanks for taking time to read this! My name is Chris. I currently live and work in North Dakota, taking care of 2 of my sisters and 1 brother. My brother also works and helps out a great deal. My sisters are 15 and 17, I've had them since I was 20, and I'm turning 26 in March. If you're curious as to why we're in this situation, long story short; our mother passed away in an automobile accident in 07 - and there wasn't really any other acceptible solution apart from taking in the siblings I could.
Anyway, after spending some time there in 2008, reading some about it, and meeting a few folks from Pittsburgh, we've become very interested in moving there before the end of '13. I've paid off most of my debt and have been progressively saving what I can. If all goes well I'll have around $5-6 g saved up at the time of an actual move. Of course, I'd also like to have a job (For both my brother and my self, probably in food prep/cooking) and a 3 bedroom apartment set up before actually moving. Enrollment in school for my sisters, etc.
The main reason I'd like to move is to attend the Art Institute. I'd have to say my whole attitude on it at the moment is..."if" i can get things set up somewhat properly - I can work a shitty job cooking job like I do now, and attend school... but in a place me and my family love. I don't have all the answers, and realize I PROBABLY don't know wtf i'm talking about...but thats why I need your help! Financially, my brother, cousin, and myself would all be splitting most costs 3-ways...maybe even the older of my sisters will be helping out. We have 2 vehicles in good condition, a car and a van. I'm just trying to spout out all the info I can to give whoever a better chance of helping me!
I'm wondering about 'cost of living' in Pittsburgh...what are the more convenient/moderately priced neighborhoods...close to highscool, jobs, etc. Hell, I'm not even sure what questions TO ask.....I just want some resassurance that it's possible for us. Does it sound ridiculous? I don't know.

A. Life is a challenge Chris, nothing comes easily and am proud of what you are doing by doing this.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Moving to Pittsburgh, help!!?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment