Monday, December 17, 2012

Bought an LG 50" Plasma, have a question for best setting to put XBOX on?

Q. Hey guys, we got this LG plasma at CostCo the other day, only 800$, 720P. We bought it as a nice bedroom TV. I also have an XBOX360 in there, just wondering if there's anyone with the same or similiar set up, and know which setting to put the xbox in? Thanks

A. Well being you bought a 720p HDTV, I'd say use the 720p setting, so 1280 x 720. Then there's no conversion going on really. The 720p TV would be getting a 720p signal.

But at the end of the day its YOUR viewing experience. So you can mess around with a few of the options and see if any of them look better/worse to you. Even if you're not using what the "experts" feel is right, if it looks better to you that's what matters.


Mommas: What kind of crib did you buy?
Q. I have about 400 to spend on a crib and changer. about 250 for JUST a crib. I've been looking at a lot of them on Babies R Us. I can't seem to find one that I like though! What kind of crib did YOU buy? If you could link me that would be great(: Thanks!!

A. Anyone will do. No drop side and no cut outs, at least two height settings. Mine had five but I only used the top and bottom one. When she could stand up, I put the mattress as low as it would go. Decide if you want convertible or not. We wanted one that would turn into a toddler bed but not a full size as I planned to get her a bedroom set when she was switched into a big girl bed. I figured she would be good in the crib/toddler bed for three years. Most full size conversions require you to buy rails separately which can be hard to find. So if you want the full size bed later you should buy rails now as you know they are available now. That will be more than $250 though
In my opinion you buy the cheapest crib that fulfils your needs. I bought the cheapest standard crib that became a toddler bed in the color I wanted. My changing table was also the cheapest in the color I wanted at bru . Mattress wise I opted for organic as I wanted my baby to breathe in as few chemicals as possible. She has a waterproof organic mattress cover that came with the mattress( I got from Costco) She spends 14 hours a day on it, generally face down, now that she can turn herself over. I think all the cribs at bru are non toxic ( jpma certified, was it)


Discount Furniture in Santa Clara? Does this even exist?
Q. I'm looking for a cheap furniture store in Santa Clara? Anyone have recommendations?

A. I've always had a great experience at Direct Factory Furniture in Santa Clara. They are right across from Costco. Even though their prices are low, they dont sacrifice service or quality. I bought my dining set and my bedroom set from them.

I highly recommend them if you are looking for a good deal. I think their new website is http://www.directfactoryfurniture.com


Vizio LCD owners I need help?
Q. what size LCD do you have and what are the pros and cons of these TVs. Also where did you buy it, it seems like the ones from Costco are worse than from elsewhere. SHOULD I BUY ONE?

A. Well I have had a 42" Vizio since last November and I'm more than happy with it. I was a bit leery at first about getting a cheaper model but my daughter and her family had theirs for almost a year with not a problem and a gorgeous picture. When I first got mine I was a little disappointed in the sharpness in the picture but found out the problem was with my cable. I also have a 32" Sony Bravia in my bedroom that was nearly the same price as the 42" Vizio. If I had the 2 sets side by side I don't think there would be any difference in picture quality. Oh I almost forgot to add that we both bought ours at Walmart for under $900. As You can probably tell I highly recommend the Vizio. Good luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bought an LG 50" Plasma, have a question for best setting to put XBOX on?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment