Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book recommendations... ?

Q. Hi!
So I loved the book Audrey, Wait! to pieces. The sense of humor was hilarious, the way it was written... everything. I also like Meg Cabot's books. K I haven't read all of hers. But what I did read, I liked. I think the Clique is a nice read. It's not amazing. It's a bit young for me, but it's still fun. I read all the Twilight books, and don't want to read Gossip girl. Anyway, are there any books like Audrey, wait! ? Or what books (Im 16. think my age) just blew you away? I heard 13 Reasons was good. Except it seems a bit depressing. Haha. Anyway. Thank you for taking the time to read this aaaaaaaand hopefully... answer... :]] Thank you!!!!! And please... don't mention Twilgiht.
I read Sisterhood. They were ok. I also read the "3 Willows" by the same author. But thanks! And I can never find the Shopaholic series. Who are they by?

A. Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith****-Recently became a comeback trilogy(3 books total, fourth one coming soon) Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.
Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.
Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.
But there�s a third party in the small town of Forena Fell, one who wants the brothers dead, and Elena for worse.

The Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras Series by Scott Westerfield
Science fiction Set in the future where everyone born normal is considered Ugly until you turn sixteen and have a surgery to turn Pretty. There are complications to the surgery though, and Tally has to figure out a way of saving the people she loves from the dangers of the World.

Maximum Ride by James Patterson(Really good)-. Max, 14, and her adopted family�Fang and Iggy, both 13, Nudge, 11, Gazzy, 8, and Angel, 6�were all created as experiments in a lab called the School. Jeb, a sympathetic scientist, helped them escape and, since then, they've been living on their own. The Erasers have orders to kill them so the world will never find out they exist. Max's old childhood friend, Ari, now an Eraser leader, tracks them down, kidnaps Angel, and transports her back to the School to live like a lab rat again. The youngsters are forced to use their special talents to rescue her as they attempt to learn about their pasts and their destinies.

Marked ( Book 1) House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast -In 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres not only exist but are also tolerated by humans. Those whom the creatures "mark" as special enter the House of Night school where they will either become vampyres themselves, or, if their body rejects the change, die. To Zoey, being marked is truly a blessing, though she's scared at first. At the House of Night, Zoey finds true friendship, loyalty, and romance as well as mistrust and deception.

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz- The Blue Blood Series by Melissa De La Cruz- About a group of Vampires called Blue Bloods who try to do good in the world, only to realize that one of their own has turned from them.

Eternal By: Cynthia Smith- At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracula, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess�s personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl�s soul and plan the Master�s fast-approaching Death Day gala.

Blood & Chocolate by Annette Curtis- Vivian is a teenage werewolf. When the moon is high, she feels the call to run wild in the woods, to feel the forest floor beneath her paws. But, when she moves into a new town, she meets a boy. A human. Her family disapproves but she is head over paws. With growing tension within her pack and her lack of control over her own abilities, she wonders if her boy will love her, or more importantly, if he will survive loving her. Jealously, isolation and competition within her extended family all threaten what tender happiness she tries to build.

The Mediator by Meg Cabot-Susannah Simon is no ordinary girl, she can see and speak to the dead. Not that she�s happy about it; nobody wants ghosts popping into their bedroom every night. But when her mom remarries and Suze is forced to move to California she meets the perfect boy, there�s only one problem, he�s dead.

Evermore by Alyson Noel-Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people�s thoughts, and know a person�s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school�but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste� Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she�s thinking�and he�s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. . Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.


The Luxe -A big, sumptuous tale of catty girls, dark secrets and windswept romance unfurls in this compulsively readable novel of late-19th-century New York City socialites.

You can also check http://www.teenreads.com/
Hope that helps.))


Are you a True country music fan? anwser these to find out?
Q. here are some lyrics name the song and the artist with out googleing it!!!!

Im gonna light the bedroom candles take the phone out of the wall
we can lay around and talk for hours or maybe we wont talk at all
im gonna reserrect the love that slipped away from us and the man you;ve been missin starten with some ...................


livin on the road my friends is gonna keep you free and clean and now your were your skin like iron your breath as hard as kerosen were'nt your mama's only boy but her favorite one it seemed she began to cry when you said good bye and sank into your dreams ..........................

In 1814 we took a little trip along the c'jackson and down the mighty missip we took a little bacon and beans and caught the bloody british in the town of new orleans we fired our guns and the british kept a coming there wasnt as many as there was before we fired once more and the began runin down the missipi to the gulf of mexico.............


I know every engineer on every train
All of their children, and all of their names
And every handout in every town
And every lock that ain't locked
When no one's around.


There gonna put me in the movies there gonna make a big star out of me we'll make a film about a man sad and lonley and all i got to do is act naturally


Guess it was meant to be
Romance is misery
So much for memories
And now I am headed to the penitentiary
See me on TV
The next cop series
I am a danger
I guess I should have did something about my anger
But I never learn
Real things I don't concern
I pour kerosene on everything I love
And watch it burn
I know it's my fault
But I wasn't happy it was over
She threw a fit
So I crashed that piece of shit Nova


Down on the corner near the traffic light everybody is staring as she goes by we stop and stair untill shes gone lord have mercy.................................




well boy meets girl and its a good bet girls gonna play a little hard to get but they got the same thing on there mind and that the world goes round dont it get you up and get you down it gets you walking around with a flashlight trying to find...... love......................................................................




Cleo williams lived down the dirt road.
Made homemade wine like nobody I know
i dropped by one friday night, and said, can you help me cleo
I got a little girl waiting on me, and i want to treat her right

he said i got what you need son its set down in the cellar
he reached through the cob webs as he turned on the lights


Well, I raised in a sophisticated kind of style
Yeah, my taste in music and women drove my folks half wild
Mom and dad had a plan for me, it was debutantes and symphonies
But I like my music, I like my women wild


If i had taken the time
To write down a few lines
Everytime that you crossed this heart of mine
I`d put them all in a book
How much time would that have took
The words and years have a way of slipping back

Oh no! Too bad, there goes the chance that i had
I could have written a play so sweet and so funny
Given old Mr. Shakespere a run for his money
Written the words to the prettiest tune
That would never leave a dry eye in the room
My only excuse for not doing enough



He sends her roses and lines he composes, things a lady loves.
Well he`s there to hold her when she needs a shoulder, if life gets too rough.
Oh now that she`s left
I keep kicking myself whenever
I start thinking back
He says he needs her,
tells her he loves her,


Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone
Let's pretend that we're together all alone
I'll tell the man to turn the juke box way down low
And you can tell your friend there with you



AND FINALLY THE LAST ONE THE HARDEST OF THEM ALL

theres a warm breeze blowing from the south so i need to get going the palm trees and beaches call my name theres a bar i know well you can drink and breath in the sea air lay in the sun dance in the rainnn they got a place where ever one knows your name got music on the stero blue bonnets on the passin row and its a long way to mexico but im going there tonight line the margerites up im doing 90 in this pick up truck its a long way to mexicoooooooo
I want to see kathleen anwser these
HA ah ha ah ha im the best out there aint i.....
ill give you a hint on the last one the song name is in the lyrics
two mistakes but yeah you got em
the first one is king of the road by Roger miller

the second is jim reeves with he'll have to go
well thank you it took me a while to type it all out

A. 1) jeff bates long slow kisses
2)merle haggard poncho and lefty
3)nitty gritty dirt band battle of new oleans
4)randy travis king of the road
5)buck owens act naturally
6)rehab bartender
7)mel mcdaniel baby's got her blue jeans on
8)toby keith getcha some
9)david lee murphy dust on the bottle
10) confederate railroad trashy women
11)doug stone too busy being in love
12)doug stone why didn't i think of that
13)jim reeves put your sweet lips
14)roger creaver long way to mexico


bedroom theme help please?
Q. Ok well I want a theme that would fit my personality. My room so far has white walls(I can paint it light colours of get wallpaper) and cream carpet(it has a square pattern in it and I can't change the carpet) .

Anyway I want a theme that fits my personality:
I am quiet and shy but have a wild side as well...I love waterfalls and tranquil(sp) settings and fire...I love magical things as well...I know it's not detailed but I was woundering what theme style would fit my personality as well as some of the things I should get???

A. How about a Renaissance/Camelot inspired room? Get posters/artwork that shows castles, kings, queens, etc:
http://homedecorators30.artselect.com/perl/search?sortType=MostRelevant&t=c8436&openct10171=10169,8436&alt=Castles-Knights

Tapestries:
http://www.homedecorators.com/Home_Decor/Home_Accents/Tapestries/

Bedding with brocade designs - what you would imagine to see in a mediavel castle:
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Monte-Carlo-Jacquard-Comforter-Set/1037026/product.html?
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Asheboro-Luxury-9-piece-Comforter-Set/3063185/product.html?
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Royal-Paisley-24-piece-Luxury-Bed-Ensemble/3141170/product.html?
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Corsica-8-piece-Bedding-Ensemble/3024623/product.html?

Since you mention you like waterfalls, then maybe get one:
http://www.homedecorators.com/Home_Decor/Home_Accents/Indoor_Fountains/

A wallpaper that looks like stone would complete the look:
http://www.americanblinds.com/products/wallpaper/product_detail.asp?ptn=WW207&prid=974054&sterm=keyword&Nrpp=60&P=WP&results=1&Ntt=stone&N=4294967258&sval=stone&Nty=1&cm_re=A%2D%5F%2DTop+Nav%2D%5F%2DWallpaper&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&si=5&No=120&Ntk=search%5Fpattern
http://www.americanblinds.com/products/wallpaper/product_detail.asp?ptn=WW210&prid=974060&sterm=keyword&Nrpp=60&P=WP&results=1&Ntt=stone&N=4294967258&sval=stone&Nty=1&cm_re=A%2D%5F%2DTop+Nav%2D%5F%2DWallpaper&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&si=5&No=120&Ntk=search%5Fpattern
But a floral would look quite nice, too:
http://www.americanblinds.com/products/wallpaper/product_detail.asp?ptn=5511934&prid=1053175&sterm=keyword&Nrpp=60&P=WP&results=1&Ntt=stone&N=4294967258&sval=stone&Nty=1&cm_re=A%2D%5F%2DTop+Nav%2D%5F%2DWallpaper&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&si=5&No=0&Ntk=search%5Fpattern





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Book recommendations... ?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment