Monday, December 17, 2012

About how much does a queen mattress set cost? never bought mattress before, thank you in advance?

Q. i got my bedroom set about 12 yrs ago, its still really nice but i want a new mattress set, im not into brands, just want the average mattress, someone is selling a queen set for 350 and since ive never bought mattress before i don't know if im getting ripped off. thank you so much in advance

A. A good one will cost several hundreds if you are very very savvy, to $1000 and up. Anything less, and I would look verrry carefully at it, you could regret it quickly as the quality is likely to be poor.

Go to your library and look up Consumer Reports Magazine back issues, look for their past mattress buying advice article. They tell what makes up a good mattress, usually higher coil count =more firmness. Comfort is a personal preference.

If you need just a mattress (and not a set), or don't care that they match, you can find those in mis-match sales or end of season sales (they change the fabric).

I am not a fan of foam mattresses, pillow tops, or any kind of anything padded extra, as you can add more but you can't remove it if it is part of the mattress, something I regret with the tempurpedic-foam mattress I have and hate.

I got this bed frame with storage underneath for my teen's mattress, and it holds it at the height of a normal bed-with-box-spring. It is very firm, and can make up for a poor quality mattress because it is SO firm, but you may not want that as it sounds like you already have a bed frame? I include info on it because some folks use this frame with a latex foam mattress (all foam like sleep number/ temperpedic, etc.) and say a platform like this is all they need (no boxspring). Read the reviews for more info from folks who have that type of foam mattress. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Slumber1-Bed-Frame-Twin-Full/10151232


Does anybody know where i can get a comforter to go with a lime green room?
Q. I'm going to paint my room lime green as like the accent wall and I can't find a comforter to match. I want something with like a pattern...maybe with like floral disigns or like birds or something. Im open to anything really. If you find a store or a link I could go to that would be great!
Thanks:)

A. You can always try a classic dot bedding.
Don't just get the green.It will fade away with the lime paint.
Try a mixture of purple and green.
http://www.garnethill.com/dot-to-dot-percale-bedding/bedding-home/duvet-comforter-covers/patterned/117602
Here are a few more ideas :http://www.garnethill.com/kids-rooms/shop-by-room/girls-bedroom-collections/

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20571006&color=000&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=A_FURN_BEDDING_DUVETS
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20658639a&color=030&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SALE_APT_DEC
Wow :http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Isaac-Mizrahi-Purple-Cotton-Sateen-6-piece-Queen-size-Comforter-Set/6367151/product.html
Have fun decorating .


Where should I get furniture?
Q. I live in Eugene, Or and want to know where to buy furniture because I've been told to never buy a bed or a couch used. Also, how much should I be spending on a bed(queen), couch, and Bookshelf if I just want cheap stuff to use in my first apartment?

A. You are in luck. You have two Big Lots stores in your area that have furniture departments. Here's the link with the map:

http://www.biglots.com/store-locator?zipCode=&city=eugene+&state=OR

Mattresses with pricing (bed frames are separate):
http://www.biglots.com/browse/furniture/mattresses/queen-mattresses

Sofas, loveseats, sectionals
http://www.biglots.com/browse/furniture/living-room/sofas-loveseats-and-sectionals?sortBy=&offset=0&max=9

You are correct in that mattresses and sofas should be bought new, whenever possible, to limit your exposure to bed-bugs and other pests. If you cannot afford brand new, at least invest in the bed bug protector covers (like protect a bed brand) for your mattress and your box spring. Basic metal bed frames go for about $80 - $100. When buying a bed, you will want to lie down on the mattress you are considering for at least 15 - 20 minutes and in every position you sleep in. The reason you are giving it that amount of time is to determine whether it's comfortable for the way you sleep or you'll end up with sore spots. (Me, I sleep either on my back or on my side. The last time we bought a mattress set, I did not test it by lying on my side for a time - because I was self-conscious. We bought within our budget and it ended up being the most uncomfortable thing to sleep on. I'd wake up in the morning with my shoulder & hip sockets sore/aching because I'd slept on my side and the mattress was firm. We later had to throw more money at it and invest in a memory foam mattress topper just so that we did not wake up sore. The moral of my story is this: Take however long you need to determine if it's going to be a comfortable bed for you before you buy it.)

Case goods like coffee/end tables, dining tables, bookcases, dressers and nightstands can be safely purchased second-hand from thrift stores, resale shops, used furniture stores. Those stores are a great option if the things you need don't have to "match" or come in sets. A lot of times, you can find good quality wood furniture at very reasonable prices. If you go with this option, you may want to cultivate a few different sources because thrift/resale shopping can be very much feast or famine: A wide variety or slim pickings. IKEA book cases are relatively inexpensive. If you'd prefer to buy it new in a box and have the pleasure of putting it together yourself, the Sauder brand is good and the directions are easy to understand. You can get those from stores like Wal-mart, K-Mart, Target and such.

Another option for case goods, housewares and lamps & such would be garage sales.

I can safely vouch for the quality of the furniture at Big Lots because I know people who bought their living room set & bedroom set from them and have been very satisfied, plus they've had it for years and it's still going strong. Good luck to you and I hope that this helps.


I have a 5 piece bedroom set that i want to sale, in your opinion how much is it worth, its used for 2 yrs?
Q. its comes with two side tables\drawers, 1 dresser with mirror, queen bed frame with mattress, very good condition color is like a cherry oak......Please let me know asap as i have to sell fast, am moving!

A. 2 Side tables/drawers = $150 (for 2)
1 Dresser Mirror = $100
Queen Bed Frame with Mattress = $1000-2000 (Your Choice)

Total: $1800-2800





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: About how much does a queen mattress set cost? never bought mattress before, thank you in advance?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment