Friday, November 29, 2013

Turning 16, redoing my bedroom as my birthday present. Need a lot of help with ideas!!!?

zebra bedroom set
 on Bedding Sets | Organic Mattresses and Bedding - Part 3
zebra bedroom set image



Amanda


I'm turning 16 in February and for my present I was going to redo my room. Right now my room is a blue, so I don't want a blue bedroom again because I got sick of that color easily. I had a spring-like green room before the blue so I don't want a green bedroom again. I also don't want a purple, red, yellow, or orange bedroom. Originally what I wanted was pink walls with black and white decorations, but I feel like everyone has a room just like that. Then I decided that I wanted grey walls with black and white decorations and then have pops of color. I wasn't sure what color I wanted to have "pop" and I wasn't sure what shade of grey that I wanted. So I told my dad a few days ago and he said that he is not painting a room in his house grey because he hates the color. This got me very upset because I had this idea in my head for a long time and he told me that I was not a loud to do it. At the same time I was still very unsure about the idea so I pretty much had to start from scratch with the whole idea. I honestly would love a pink room but I don't want it to be too kiddish. I was thinking maybe really light pink walls, where it's almost like a white, then grey and white decorations; but for some reason those colors reminded me of a nursery. I'm totally lost right now and I really need help picking colors. I would love to do an accent wall but I feel like I would have trouble pulling that off because I honestly have a terrible eye for colors and mixing them together. I don't want any colors that are too bright, I want it to look mature and modern. I almost would like for it to look city-like without making it so obvious. It's really hard trying to come up with ideas because I want it to be original but I have nothing when it comes to creativity. Also I would like to keep my furniture white because I already have a white dresser and make up table that I don't want to get rid of. I wanted a black bed, the one that's made of metal but I wasn't sure if it would look weird having two different furniture colors. And when you walk into my room to the left is a wall with two big windows, to the right is a long closet that takes up the whole wall and the wall is tilted because it's upstairs and it's tilted because of the roof; it's hard to explain but it's like a small slightly tilted wall and then right under neath is that closet. Then right across from the door is a long wall with just one small window that is almost right in the middle of the wall but it is slightly closer to the closet on the right. And then where the door is there's some wall to the left and some wall to the right. I don't if that will help you on deciding where I should place an accent color, if you have any suggestions for that. I really hope this isn't too much and I hope you can help me because I am so confused and I need to start planning now because my dad is going to start redoing my room soon. Thank you!!
Also when I said I didn't want purple, orange, red or yellow, I meant wall colors. I would consider using them as decoration colors if I think it will look good. I prefer neutral colors and I don't want anything brown!! The only thing that's gonna be brown is my hardwood floors because I'm not allowed to have a carpet.



Answer
Colors: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/ Look at the "Whites" section - very lightly tinted colors. Maybe together you and your Dad can find a shade of gray that will not depress him . . . .

Pink, white & gray with black accents would be amazing. This way, you could keep your white furniture and also get the black metal bed and it would not be out of place. I hear you about the whole "everyone's doing it" mentality regarding pink, black and white bedrooms. I feel that a lot of that has to do with the shade of pink (usually hot pink or fuchsia/magenta) and the kind of black & white print/pattern used (usually zebra or leopard). In my opinion, hot pink and black & white animal print has been done to death.

Some sites to check for ideas:
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=uh3_answers_web_gs&va=pink+gray+white+bedrooms+ideas

http://decorchick.com/bedroom-makeover/

http://www.colorcombos.com/color-schemes/101/ColorCombo101.html (This would be equally effective with lighter shades of the pink & gray than shown.)

If you are going to go with an accent wall, use the one that you see when opening the door. You can go with a solid accent color or do a subtle stripe pattern using the main room color and an accent color. You could use a patterned wallpaper that matches your paint color. Or you could even forgo the whole "I need to have an accent wall" mentality all together and invest in some larger-scale artwork for that wall. Check out www.greatbigcanvas.com if you are interested in this option. You can get actual canvases, photo-real canvases, larger scale poster prints and they even do wall murals - the pricing depends upon what you want. And, since you'd mentioned cityscapes, they have quite the selection of city skyline artwork too.

If Dad won't paint a room gray and you are set on using it for your decor, then consider using the color for your bedding and curtains. Target has a decently priced bedding set that is a tonal gray geometric print that looks quite elegant. If you are planning to try to match your grays, then I'd suggest you purchase your bedding set first. This way, when you are curtain shopping you can take a pillowcase with you for color matching purposes.

I really hope that this is enough to get you started and that your room turns out amazing.

White and Black bedroom decorating ideas?

Q. Im going to be in grade eight and im moving into a new house. My bedroom will be themed black and white. Is there a color that would be a good accent for my themed ones? What are some decorating ideas, or things i could buy for it?


Answer
Black and white with an accent color is one of the easiest themes to pull off. What I usually suggest is black & white plus your favorite color (two or three shades of the color - maximum). If I were doing this for me, I'd pick teal or turquoise or a royal blue as those are my favorites :) and I'd go with a black & white patterned bedding - just NOT zebra print as I feel it has been done to death in recent years.

Pick black or white for your furniture or go for a dark wood.

Wall color could be a light to medium gray OR a light to medium shade of your third color. If you use gray for the walls, then use your third color for accent pieces like curtains, throws or pillows. If you use a darker shade of paint, then use mainly lighter shades of the same color for your accents with maybe one item the same shade as the paint. If you use a lighter shade of paint, then do the reverse.
Here's a nice turquoise/teal for instance:
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6944-pool-blue/

or gray:

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6255-morning-fog/

Bedding:
http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-lace-comforter-set/-/A-14271879?reco=Rec|pdp|14271879|ClickCP|item_page.new_vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.new_vertical_1

http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-damask-comforter-set-black-white/-/A-13616477?reco=Rec|pdp|13616477|ClickCP|item_page.new_vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.new_vertical_1

http://www.target.com/p/room-365-english-garden-comforter-set/-/A-13930668#prodSlot=medium_1_5

http://www.target.com/p/room-essentials-turquoise-rose-reversible-comforter/-/A-14432001#prodSlot=medium_1_1

Target is great for black & white bedding and they also have a great selection of black & white photo posters that are reasonably priced. With a black & white themed bedroom you can use black, white or silver toned frames for your posters/pictures. Depending upon the size you need, you may be able to obtain frames to fit your color scheme at your local dollar stores.

Hope this gives you some ideas to work with and helps you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Turning 16, redoing my bedroom as my birthday present. Need a lot of help with ideas!!!?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment