Monday, November 25, 2013

Is it possible to paint my bedroom furniture?

bedroom set pottery barn
 on Pottery Barn Kids
bedroom set pottery barn image



PrettyGirl


I bought this set from Ikea in the medium brown finish..
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15558&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=60994&langId=-1&categoryId=16173&chosenPartNumber=S39839352
--After I bought the set I painted my room hot pink and now the furniture is completeley lost and doesn't stand out at all. So I'm thinking that I should either paint the furniture white so that it will definteley pop or I should just repaint my room to more of a airy brezzy spa blue. Your answers are very serious to me so please help it you can. Thanks in advance.



Answer
I love the furniture. Yes, you can paint it, all you have to do is prime the backboard and foot board (with Kilz or Benz) and then paint it white, but don't. The finish is really beautiful, and timeless. You can tire of the paint color on the walls, but what a simple solution. Paint the walls another color. Spa colors are so chic right now (timeless, too) , especially with a calm, neutral blue, and you have the right idea already. Spa blue is so restful, peaceful, and beautiful with your bed. A beautiful blue throw at the end of the bed and throw pillows would set the room theme. Paint the walls spa blue:) A good place to start for this palette is Benjamin Moore. Log on to the link below (Pottery Barn and Benjamin Moore have coupled up with paint colors). Hope you find something you love:)

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper_pg1art.asp?L=color&K=fcast&N=colinsp&art=5.2

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper_search.asp?search=blue&k=result&l=srch

What furniture would go with this bed?




Laryssa


Can anyone with a little design experience help me figure out some furniture to go with this bed? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hillsdale-Furniture-Parkwood-King-Size-Bed-with-Rails-1450BKR/204294193?MERCH=REC-_-product-6-_-203673311-_-204294193-_-N#.Uf7QrWT71Jx
I like the idea of doing a mismatched but matched set, but have no idea where to start? I know I definitely like that bed, though! I like stores like Ethan Allen and Pottery Barn but I'm open to anything! Thanks for your help!



Answer
I would say espresso finished wood or a dark wood like cherry would go well with it. If you want a bit more contrast, then go for a lighter wood.

Not sure what you mean by a mismatched set . . . . Different color pieces or different styled pieces in the same color? If you want mismatched styles in the same finish, check out your local thrift stores, furniture resale shops, yard sales and estate sales as you can often pick up the pieces you need relatively inexpensively. This is a good option especially if you do not need all of the pieces available in a bedroom furniture suite. The only thing is, you may have to do some additional work (sanding, stripping & staining) if the pieces you collect are not all the same color.

If you are wanting new, then look to IKEA. Hemnes, Brimnes and Brusali series have pieces available in a black-brown finish.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible to paint my bedroom furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment