Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Can you give me ideas/help for decorating single guy's house?

bedroom furniture ideas small rooms
 on Contemporary Bedroom Designs: Small bedroom furniture arrangement
bedroom furniture ideas small rooms image



Jim I


I'm a thirty-year-old single guy. I like dogs, the outdoors, my Jeep Wrangler, autumn, good wine, travel, photography...

I'm trying to integrate my "likes" into my home. I have painted my living/dining room two colors of khaki, and a chalkboard-green wall. I have a brown leather couch, and walnut tables and bookcases. I've also remodeled my guest bathroom - new flooring, hardware, paint, etc.

However, I'm trying to get ideas on decorating... accent pieces, dining room furniture, bedroom furniture (blank slate right now) and my own bathroom. I need help finding websites for "bachelor pads" and masculine design (not a lot of flowery-things). I'd like to redo the kitchen with the small tiles as a backsplash.

I'd like to find websites/books/magazines that show off a masculine home. Pictures are a must!!

The main goals are to have a cool guy's house and up the resale value.

Serious responses only... any help is appreciated. Thanks!
As I said, folks... I need pictures, websites, magazines, etc. While I appreciate the suggestions, does no one know of ANY place to LOOK at pictures to get ideas? That's what I'm wanting.



Answer
Hi!
Ok, I am a seasoned interior designer and know exactly what you are saying. Go to www.getdecorating.com and preview all the rooms. When you find a room that has the assets you are looking for, simply save the photo into a desktop file. Continue until you have viewed all rooms that are desirable to you. Go into your design folder (on your desktop) when you are finished and take notes on what items in each room are appropriate for your own style. Masculine styles are often the old world style that includes leathers, etc. When you are designing your rooms in masculine form you will need to add some softness into each room. This will make your rooms more appealing and approachable. In this I mean, adding some chenile pillows to your leather pieces along with some wool or chenile throws to wrap up in when nights turn cold. Add a table runner in a deep pumpkin color and some coordinating dinner plates in an autumn green. There are some really nice black iron candle holders out on the market. Some extend the entire length of a dining table or coffee table. Another thing is to add a few very large potted plants into your decor scheme. This will add life into your spaces. Tall palms and the like are great to add to empty corners. You can add an uplight behind each plant for drama at night. Make sure you repot the plants into desirable containers that go with your particular room. Lamps add great interest to rooms as well. You will find that there are a wide variety in wood or iron to match your rooms. Your wall decor should be kept simple and I would suggest the rod picture hanging kit which holds several sized frames. Some of these are mirrors. I would suggest the wood tones. These rod kits are simple to install, just as simple as a curtain rod. Go solid colors in your bedding. Choose two colors that appeal to you. Use one for the spread and the other for the sheet sets. Go simple. Select an additional comforter to fold at the foot of the bed. This accent comforter should have both colors in it and this will bring your bedroom together nicely. Add a couple of solid throw pillows, an art piece above the bed, lamps and maybe an old antique chair to add interest in one corner along with another tall plant and uplight. I am sure you are getting the picture now. Most of all, have FUN with this!
Teri Woods
Home Stages Designs
www.Homestages.com

How should I decorate my bedroom?




Avery


I'm redoing my bedroom and I need help. I have a small room with dark wood furniture and carpet. I'm willing to repaint my walls, but right now they are a neutral yellowish color. I really like vintage but I also like fun patterns, such as floral and chevron, in bright colors. I do not want to have to spend too much money. Please comment any decorating tips, design ideas, etc. Some website links would also be nice :)


Answer
i would keep it mature and do a tan wall color and white baseboards and ceiling

i would keep the bright floral to bedding and one canvas art over the bed that could have bright colors that pop with the bedding

adding to much bright colors will not give your room a statement tan walls...or a color you like more like baby blue or a brighter yellow...will be doable in the long run...so you can swap up the bedding...

no posters

vintage could be items placed on the wall or a cool head board or dresser...but less is best...

*(*




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you give me ideas/help for decorating single guy's house?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment