Thursday, August 1, 2013

How can I find a checklist for setting up a household for the first time?

bedroom set new york
 on New York Mets Bedroom Set | Twin, Full and Queen Sizes
bedroom set new york image



Lorraine K


My son is about to set up his first apartment. He is stationed in Japan. I want to find a list of essentials for each room. Very basic, but I want to help him as much as possible. I live in New York City.


Answer
My Husband was stationed in Japan a few years back. He said that there you have just the basic essentials - it's a much more simple culture than our own.

I would say the following:

Kitchen: George Foreman & Pasta Pot & Frying Pan & Toaster (You can do ANYTHING with these 4 items!)

Living Room: Futon (doubles as a bed!), TV, Comfy Chair, Coffee Table (He's a man ... he needs somewhere to set his soda's and he's probably NOT going to eat at a kitchen table anyway)

Bedroom: Bed (if no futon in LR) or Desk w/ Computer

(If he has a futon in the LR - the tv's in there so he'd probably sleep out there anyway - the bedroom makes a great Computer Room)

NOTE: You probably want to get that man an ironing board and a decent iron - he'll need to keep his uniforms in working condition - I was in the Navy and my husband in the Marines you CANNOT live without an iron! Plus you can set it up in the room w/ the Computer!

Bathroom: Shampoo, Razor's, Shaving Cream/Gel, Toothbrush & Paste

:) Good Luck! :)

How much is a modular house cost from G&I homes or other modular house places in new york????




Olivia


my mom wants to move. but the houses around where we live are too exspensive. so i thought a modular house would be cheaper. we live in new york. and we want to buy a modular house from G&I homes. its 1,800 + sq feet .
http://www.gihomes.net/

go to houses on the site
go all the way down the page to G&I homes searching
and look up cape cod
its 3 bedroom.
and its called Hartwick Cape Chalet

how much do you think a modular home like that would cost?



Answer
It really depends, but costs vary from $115 -$140 depending on the materials used etc.

Let's say it's $140 sqft ...just to stay on high side x 1800 = $252,000 .

Site additions*
*Typical community delivery/set-up/AC and site amenities such as driveway, carport, garage, screen room, etc. can vary from $35,000 to $60,000.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I find a checklist for setting up a household for the first time?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment