Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Why is the High Desert (in Southern California) so run-down and depressing?

bedroom set sacramento
 on Bedroom Sets | Solid Wood Bedroom Set
bedroom set sacramento image
Q. Seriously, there could not be a uglier and gloomier place to live in. Most of the roads aren't paved. The one or two malls we have our probably our biggest money-makers. Everyone looks like they're still stuck in either the 1980's or like they just walked off the set for a western. The infrastructure is falling apart. The schools are awful. The list of problems goes on.

It's depressing though because I see such potential for the area if the city officials would just apply money towards the right projects instead of opening up new night-clubs and bars on every street corner. Why causes towns to become like this?


Answer
If you're talking about the Victor Valley specifically, remember that the Victor Valley was always little more than a bedroom community except for a few mining jobs and military-related jobs till George AFB closed down.

Even the addition of a prison or two, a Wal-Mart distribution center, and whatever else won't do much to generate a lot of income or tax-related income in the area. And the creation of jobs in the services sector are meaningless if people spend half their income on gasoline to commute down the hill and end up with hardly any remaining discretionary income.

So if the bottom falls out of California in general as businesses up and relocate to other states, people also flee to other states, and California's and the U.S.' economies go from bad to worse, then of course the Victor Valley is going to get hit worse than various other parts of the state. The area has no "potential" unless lots of things happen: more factories or corporate HQs are placed there, CA gov't becomes more buisness friendly, Sacramento begins to use its money wisely, etc.

To move out or not to move out?

Q. I currently live with my boyfriend of 3years and 10 months... I was looking for a place to live and he offered me to move in with his mom, so I don't have to pay rent. This happened after a year of dating. He lived in Sacramento... After 5 months he came back without notice and began living together. Now that he was back and after a few months, I wanted us to move out. I finally found a place...(it was his mom, his somewhat disable brother of 28 years old, my 5 year old daughter and us living in this 3 bedroom home, where my daughter sleeps in our room.) This is a different story regarding his family, but somehow it has something to do with me wanting to move out… He loves me and I love him, but I don't want to live with him anymore. I'm just afraid I will leave someone who is the one. I don't want to break up. I just don't want to live with him. I'm at the point where I have nothing else to give him and he has just begun to do anything for me and has talked about marriage. He wants to do anything for me at any cost, I feel smothered, I am way past that stage. I'm thinking about my future and my daughters, and not so much him anymore. I've tried talking to him about our goals we should set and just a week or two ago he wants to grow a relationship with my daughter, wants us to save, wants me to help him save, wants to share all his feelings and how much money he brings in and what he owes. Basically, he wants me in his life and wants to share it with me. It was an eye opener because he knows every single little thing about me and after so long he now wants to let me in his world. (in his mind, my money, my child, my life and everything around me is His. His kids, his money, his life and everything around him are his and Not mine.)....
What it really comes down to, I can't make up my mind if I should move on without him? Or Stay, everything is changing and it’s on my favor what happens next? ...
All I wanted was to start a family, just us 3. But now he just wants to begin a relationship with my daughter.... I have my mind confused. Is it really worth losing someone you love over something that can gradually change?
It's hard to tell him I love him. I'm disappointed, I can't believe I wasn't looking out for my child and myself and just concerned about my boyfriend....
I use to live with my boyfriends mother. I found a place for only us, She tagged along. This is my house, My name is on the lease, I have money saved. She just moved out a week ago. But the brother doesn't want to leave. But he isn't staying at my house. He is out in the street. They want to blame me for it.


Answer
Just move.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why is the High Desert (in Southern California) so run-down and depressing?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment