Monday, July 29, 2013

How to write up a contract with a friend who agreed to pay me later for furniture?

bedroom sets for 700
 on 700 Queen bedroom set for Sale in Huntington Beach, California ...
bedroom sets for 700 image



Mike R


So about 5 months ago I moved out of my apartment. Another person (mutual friend) moved into my bedroom and we had the lease realigned so that my name is no longer associated with the apartment legally. I left a bedroom set there and agreed on a price of $700 (nothing written) to which he would pay at a later date since money was tight for him. It's now been 5 months and I have tried reaching him multiple times and more often than not get ignored. I am not afraid to bring this to the court, but before I do that I would like to write up a contract and give him the option to take this legally binding agreement. If he resists signing the contract, then I know to go to the courts. The contract is more for myself as evidence that he agreed to pay for the furniture in the first place. Is there a template out there somewhere I can use to create a contract and then run it by some family friends who are lawyers? I would rather not bring this issue to the lawyers in my family since this is an embarrassing situation. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!



Answer
You should have done the written agreement at the time you left. I think you have made a gift of the furniture (or abandonment).

Best place to buy bedroom furniture in OC CA?




Miz J


I'm looking for a bedroom set contemporary looking espresso finish, not necesarily hardwood, but hardwood veneer at least. I'm on a buget of 1,700 or so including delivery. Someone mention Bellflower and Fountain Valley..Where abouts I'm new to the area.


Answer
See if you like any of these

http://profiles.ocregister.com/Thomasville

http://www.musingantiques.com/

http://www.gowfb.com/LA-and-Orange-County,-CA-c-36.php?cPath=36&OVRAW=antique%20furniture%20orange%20county&OVKEY=furniture%20orange%20county&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=1203486022&OVKWID=8717183522




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to write up a contract with a friend who agreed to pay me later for furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment