Monday, July 29, 2013

I need to identify a type of furniture wood - part 2?

bedroom set $200
 on 200 Entire Bedroom Set for Sale in Saint Petersburg, Florida ...
bedroom set $200 image



jennie.fly


Thanks so much for all the great responses to my original question! (I need to identify a type of furniture wood - It's light wood with dark 'circles' throughout it?)

The summary of responses is that it's either knotty pine, birds-eye maple, or pecan. I took a picture of it, here is a link to it, let me know if anyone has a better idea after viewing!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/jennieflynn/IMG_3099.jpg

If it helps, my husband purchased the 4-piece bedroom set (2 nightstands, a 9-drawer dresser, and a large mirror, framed in the same wood, that sits on the dresser) for 1K, about 7 years ago. A side question would be figuring out how much to sell it for...I recently noticed that in a certain light, there appears to be scratch marks on top of the dresser! (Maybe ask for $200 for all of it??)

Anyhow, thanks so much for all the help!



Answer
you can all ways take the picture with you to the furniture store and try to match it. as far as scratches on your other item, buy you some furniture marker pens that cover up the scratches or even buy shoe paste that matches the furniture and wipe it on and then wipe off. unless you just want to buy more furniture.

How much does a baby initially cost?




mr.t'smom


Like, to start off buying all the supplies...crib, changing table, dresser, diapers, clothes, bath stuff, first aid, maternity clothes, decorate the babies room..etc.

we dont need insurance money..my husband is military.
im thinking around 4,000? the bedroom set i found was 1200...
Yeah, I like Walmart ones too. I also want one of the changing tables that have the bookshelf thing..they look like a china cabinet sort of thing? Do you know what Im talking about?



Answer
Around $1500-and I have nice stuff. A bedroom set for 1200? The crib I have is from Walmart and was $150 and is really nice. Its all on what you really want I guess. A lot of things aren't necessary.


EDIT:

I just wanted to add a few things:
My little girl doesn't have a dresser as she has a closet in her bedroom for storage and to hang up clothes.
The only furniture we have is a Crib, as a bassinet and changing table also were unnecessary.
We don't have a monitor, as I won't ever be far away from my daughter.
Diaper pails are a total waste of money-do diapers really need their own garbage? No.
We don't have a swing or a bouncer-cute, but not necessary. We do have a high chair that was $90 from Target that was a gift that she can sit in if she needs to.
The travel system I bought was from babiesrus.com and it was $200 and VERY good quality.
The only crib bedding we have is a waterproof mattress pad and a couple sheets, as they don't suggest anything in the crib anymore due to SIDS risk, so that is a big money saver.

Also-Thrift stores/consignment shops are nice for clothing, but don't buy used furniture or anything else there unless you absolutely know its safe.

We received a playpen as a gift and they are nice to have-the one I received was about $70.

I also signed up for coupons at baby product websites-they really help.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need to identify a type of furniture wood - part 2?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment