Wednesday, January 22, 2014

what should I price this furniture for?

80s bedroom set
 on The way the Cutie Mark Crusaders are lit when their song begins is an ...
80s bedroom set image



Anonymous


My husband has an old furniture set (chest, dresser, mirror and headboard) from the 80s. It served as our furniture when we got married and for baby furniture for both of our kids when they were little. It's sturdy, but very dated. What should I price it for?
I'd like to just give it away, but my husband insists it should be sold. I think he's being unrealistic, but I've never sold furniture before.

Any hints on what you've paid for an out-of-style yet very sturdy and well built set of bedroom furniture?



Answer
If you're in no hurry to sell it:

I'd suggest getting a few good photos and placing it on craigslist, maybe $100 per piece if in good condition ($400-500 total?).

If you don't get a response after one week, close down the ad and put up another one for $50 less.

Continue until you start receiving inquiries :)

Should my doublewide mobile have heating vents on the floor in every room?




Charlie


I bought a doublewide mobile home in April. I had laminate flooring put in the bedrooms and living room by a handyman. I didn't notice the spare bedroom getting freezing cold in the spring when I bought this place. It's a 80s model with a pitched roof. Maybe there was a vent in that spare room and the flooring guy covered it up. Anyway, when I keep that door shut to that bedroom, so it dips down into the 40s. There's a horrible draft coming from under the door. Should there be a vent in that room. When I open the room to the door, the heater has to be set higher. I'm running the new heater at about 86 all day and all night when that bedroom door is shut. Did all mobiles in the 80s have vents in every room and if so, by not having one in the bedroom, will it cause problems other than it being ice cold? By the way, since I moved in, I had to buy a brand new furnace because the other one was red tagged by Consumer Energy, http://www.consumersenergy.com/ .
The temperature in that room drops into the 40s, not the entire house.
The prior furnace I had when I moved in was leaking carbon monoxide poisoning.



Answer
By code, there has to be a service vent in every habitable room. I would do what Skippy advised and try and locate one under the mobile home. If you can't find one, you may need to get one installed if you can't do it yourself. It will be cheaper in the long run to get a vent put in that room, than to pay the heating costs (or lose access to that room because you don't want to open the door).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what should I price this furniture for?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment