Thursday, August 29, 2013

What can I put in my room on a 3 tier shelf?

bedroom set modern
 on Top Decors: Interni Modern Bedroom Set
bedroom set modern image



smooches98


My home is very modern. My bedroom has hardwood floors, a very light wood bedroom set, black, gray, and white bedding. I have a 3 tier TV stand and want to put something decorative on the shelves which are polished nickel baskets (sort of) any ideas ?


Answer
in a modern room you want to keep the accessories sleek but flowing....basic but have some movement to them....

For example a sculpture.....that has a lot of curves....or a basic or abstract looking vase.

Since everything else in the room is very basic it would be good to interject some big punches of color in your accessories....like a brightly colored abstract painting on the wall....and then tie the colors of the painting into the accessories (vases, sculptures, candles, etc).

But make sure you LOVE the painting...otherwise you won't like the room....pick something you really believe in....don't rush it....check out www.allposters.com or www.art.com to get some ideas on artwork.

If you do order artwork I would order it on a canvas instead of framing it for a modern looking room.

Hope this helps.

What would you choose Black, or a Dark Cherry Bedroom Set and Why?




bulldogsr2


For decoration purposes, and whats hot right now would you say. Black to me seems modern and I like that.

I just got my bedroom set delivered today, and they brought dark cherry instead of black, screwing up the order, sigh.

Trying to decide if its worth it to go through the effort to get the Black, which I wanted first.



Answer
Obviously, it's up to you, but how much do you like the cherry? How long do you have to decide? If they give you some time, l'd live with it a while to see if it grew on me.
Something to consider: the durability and the sheen of the finish. Glossy finishes show flaws more than satin or matte, but as a rule, the darker it is, the easier it is to correct or hide them and your choices are both good in that regard. Black will always be fashionable, but are you planning to move with this stuff? The next room may be too dark for all that black, but the cherry might not be much better. I think the colors and finishes are less a concern than the style and details as far as modernity are concerned and in your case because they are both timeless.
Again, it's your choice, you paid for black and you shouldn't have to settle for something else. But now that you have the cherry in the room (if it is), imagine what it would look like black and if that's what you want, make the switch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What can I put in my room on a 3 tier shelf?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment