Thursday, August 29, 2013

How long does it usually take to get bedroom furniture? Do most stores have you "order" the furniture?

bedroom set clearance
 on American Oak Country Bedroom Furniture | Rustic Oak Wood bed
bedroom set clearance image



Vintheland


I'm in the market for some new bedroom furniture. I'm not necessarily in a hurry to get it, but I am curious about how long I can expect the process to take. I plan on buying from a "showroom" type furniture store, as opposed to a warehouse or clearance center. Plus, I'm getting a king bed and I hear that most stores cater towards customers looking for queens. I guess I will have to "order" the furniture. If you ordered from a store like this, how long did it take?

Also, I did find one set that i like, but i was told they cant deliver for 7-8 weeks due to back order. Is that standard wait time or way too long?



Answer
If you really like the set and the price, then I guess it is worth the wait.

I had to wait that long to get the living room sofa I special ordered.

And my bed took even longer but then we had an artist make a special headboard.

What are some good ways to shim interior doors?




Pete


My 3 bedroom doors wont stay where I put them. I know I have to shim them but dont know with what or which hinge to shim. Is there a doorman in the house? Any tricks of the trade?


Answer
shims are made from cedar shingles, cut into strips about 1 1/2" wide. because of the taper, if you put two together reversed they can be slide against each other to vary their thickness.

the object is to have at least five shim-packs on the hinge side [top, bottom and each hinge] and about the same on lock side.

this is done before the casing is installed. to 'stablize' the jamb i place shims at the top of both the hinge side and lock side, centering the jamb, and tighten so it won't move around to much and you can open the door without it falling out of the opening.

get the hinge side set correctly, plumb and straight. you slide the shims against each other to move jamb in and out. do the same for lock side [make sure you have clearance to open and close without rubbing], making sure you set shims near the catch for the lockset. after nailing jamb [nail thru shims where possible] you can cut the shims flush with jamb and apply casing.

a good fix on a loose hinge is to use, at least, one longer screw in each hinge [on jamb] that will go thru jamb and into the 2x4 framing beyond.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long does it usually take to get bedroom furniture? Do most stores have you "order" the furniture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment