Tuesday, February 4, 2014

need help with bedroom?




glitterand


I really want to re decorate my bedroom. However I can't go out and buy anything. My walls are white. I have pink and brown bedding. this is my bedroom set:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/11731/
I have the 8 drawer dresses, the bed frame, two nightstands, and the vanity. I also have a bookshelf. (all in white) My room just needs some re doing. I love girly and vintagey things. thanks for the help!



Answer
Heya (=
I totally understand what you mean!!!
Here are a few things that you could do:
-Create a collage of photos of you and you loved ones (maybe in black and white,for a vintage look) ~ If you don't have enough money to get them printed, use a normal printer and they will still look good!
-Candles!
-Radio (if you have one) by the windowsill or on top of a cupboard.
-If you have any nice scarfs you could wrap them around some of your furniture!
-Books on your nightstand (looks classical! )
-A hair brush and some of your accessories & a nice perfume bottle on top of a cupboard would look very nice ;)
-Cushions (If you cant buy any, maybe you could do some embroidery on ones you have ? Check some youtube tutorials out,if you don't know what to do :) )

Hope this helps & good luck ! x

Veneer chipped and cracked on antique bedroom set, what should I do?




Jen R


I recently purchased an antique bedroom set online, when it arrived I was shocked to find that the veneer is cracked, bubbled, chipped, broken, you name it, it has real wood underneath, I was wondering if there is a way to take the veneer off and sand and finish the wood underneath.

I do not want to return the set, I got a really good deal on it for it being antique and I love the style, I am very crafty and do not have the money to pay a professional, so I need advice on doing it myself.

Is there a way to repair the veneer? Or am I better of stripping it and redoing it, If so how do I do that, also, only the drawers are veneer, the top is and bed are varnished and I plan on stripping them and redoing them, but I don't know much about veneer!! HELP!



Answer
There are various things going on here. Is there a way you can get a photo online to look at. It would be easier to help you that way. A few suggestions in the meantime.

If it is truly antique, then maybe you will be destroying alot of value if you strip and refinish the piece.

Is the actual veneer cracked, missing pieces, etc, or is it just the finish that is damaged?

Removal of the veneer might be easy. By placing a hot iron on the veneer, put a damp cloth between the iron and the wood, the heat should reactivate the glue (if the glue is hide or PVA glue, but not contact cement) making it easier to remove.

http://www.veneering.net
http://woodworkingadvice.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: need help with bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment