Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ideas for a long, narrow, basement bedroom?




Allie


I'm redoing my bedroom, and have no idea what I'm going to do. My bedroom is in the basement, has no windows, and is very long and narrow (my bed takes up half of the width of the room). I know what I'd like my bedroom to have a lot of zebra print, without overpowering it. And I want to make my bedroom look as big as possible. Are there any tricks that I can do to my furniture, paint, ect. to make good use with the space I have?


Answer
Becs answers are good. To go on from there, you may also want to consider designing your room in zones, separated by either privacy screens and/or a bookshelf type room divider. IKEA makes two in their Expedit series that might suit your needs for this part. The first is 72 7/8 W X 15 3/8 D X 72 7/8 H for $199.00 (catalog) and all of the openings are the same size. The second is a little smaller: 35 W X 11 D X 58 5/8 H for $99.00 with openings in a variety of sizes. Both come in a variety of finishes, including black or black/brown - You'll need to check the web-site. They have door and drawer inserts to fit that will provide additional storage space and several different kinds of baskets and boxes that fit the larger openings.

Have a bedroom zone, a living room zone and maybe an area where you can work and or study. You'll want a number of lamps or light fixtures, since there are no windows to provide natural light. As for your bedding, I think I've found just what you are looking for on Overstock.com:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Zebra-3-piece-Full-Queen-size-Mini-Comforter-Set/5619643/product.html

It's a 3 pc full/queen zebra print comforter set that comes in aqua, hot pink, lime green, purple and white. If that is not exactly what you are looking for, there are other options available by searching using either bed-in-a-bag sets or duvet sets. With this site, you will want to pay close attention to the product reviews as they will give you additional information regarding any shipping issues/delays and overall product quality/workmanship.

I hope that this helps and that your room comes out looking great!

Which bedding looks better with this set of furniture?




Kai Izumi


http://www.pier1.com/collections/bedroom-collections/shanghai,default,sc.html

I like the simplicity of this one, but feel like it might be too dull, and wouldn't match with the gold.
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c26270/home-classics-canyon-7-pc-comforter-set.jsp

I like this one, but feel it may take away from the furniture set...
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c24211/bamboosa-8-pc-leaf-comforter-set.jsp

Which looks better with the set?
Also, this black and gold one:
http://www.wholesalebeddings.com/chandler-518-11pc.html



Answer
Hi - you have got some really nice furniture and it is nice to show the furniture to it's best advantage and if it was me I would choose your first bedding you have given the link for i.e.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-c26270/home-classics-canyon-7-pc-comforter-set.jsp

This is a beautiful comforter set you have chosen and works very well with your bed - it doesn't compete with furniture - the other two comforter sets you gave us links for - do. Also this one has a very 'calming' effect which is good for you when you are in your bedroom.

So, defo go with this one :)

I will give you a little tip - and that is I would perhaps bring another colour into your room just for a little 'pop' of colour - and that would be - a red cushion on your bed and a red lampshade or a piece of red artwork in your room - you will need at least two pieces of red in something - hence why I'm saying a cushion and lampshade and'or a piece of art with red in it.

For your piece of art - you could do it yourself and buy a blank artist canvas or 3 or 4 if you like and make a statement on your wall by 'grouping' them together on one wall or just have one large one above your bed - it is up to you but just an idea. Buy some remnants of fabric, but as I say make sure the fabric has the colours of your bedding plus red. Get enough fabric to go around the canvas for it also go around the back and just staple the fabric at the back. Have a look here to give you an idea of how yours could look with the fabrics suggested above:)

http://itswrittenonthewalls.blogspot.ie/2011/08/diy-wall-art-scrapbook-paper-styrofoam.html

Anyway hope the above helps :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ideas for a long, narrow, basement bedroom?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment