Tuesday, December 24, 2013

How tacky would it be?

bedroom set espresso finish
 on Sets : Bedroom Set - Metropolitan Style in Warm Espresso Finish ...
bedroom set espresso finish image



OrganicGod


I recently came across a beautiful, modern, well priced canopy bed which is something I have always wanted. Unfortunately, it only comes in a black metal finish & all my bedroom furniture is a very dark espresso color. Can I mix the black bed with the dark brown furniture? Could I spraypaint it without making it look gross & terribly cheap & if so should I do it in silver (the rest of the metal in the room is silver) or paint it brown?


Answer
I would first prime it......then paint it a light brown.
After the light brown dries.... i would take some brown expresso colored paint on a paint brush.....paint it onto a rag with the paintbrush and then just lightly wipe the brown paint onto the light brown just to give a 'shadowing' effect of the dark brown onto the light brown... (to match the other pieces in the bedroom).

This way, it doesn't seem like you tried to be too 'matchy matchy' with the bed that obviously is a seperate piece than the other pieces of the bedroom set......AND....it will add visual interest to the room.

What color should I paint my room?




Kristin


I am a teenage girl, currently living on the main level of my house. We recently decided to finish the basement and I will be moving down there. My room upstairs has three punch pink walls with a hot pink accent wall and a zebra duvet for my bed with pink polka dot sheets. For downstairs, I'd like to move away from the pink into something a bit more mature and yet still fun. I was looking at a Tiffany blue sort of color, but I'm not sure how well it goes with the new carpet which is two-toned with a light brown and lighter tan, very warm looking. Any suggestions would be helpful! Mostly looking for wall colors, and more than one color in the room is perfectly alright! Thank you so much for your help!(:


Answer
Paint your walls in the tan and use accent colors.... in bedding ,curtains, throws, pillows etc.
Your current color scheme on the duvet/sheets would work fine


My bedroom has the following colors

Tan walls, white trim, black and espresso furniture. Comforter set has Brown, white , blue.
Tan /beige lamps and pics on walls and pop of green ( silk plants) throughout the room.
I also have a couple of small covered brown baskets on my dresser.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How tacky would it be?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment