Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How do I find out how much a bedroom set and dining room set (both 50+ years old) are worth to sell?

bedroom set on craigslist
 on Bedroom Furniture | Bedroom Sets
bedroom set on craigslist image



dennismd20


Both sets are made of wood, dark cherry finish. Bedroom set has 7 pcs. (headboard, footboard, vanity, bench, dresser, mirror, and chest). Dining room set has table w/leaf, 6 chairs, china cabinet, and chest. Antiques? Where to sell?


Answer
Go to the library and ask the information desk about finding a book to help you price the pieces. I did and found out I had a table worth $11,000. I was shocked.(no I didn't sell it). You can also look under the furniture and try and find the manufacturer and then do a computer search. Once you find a price you can go to Craigslist or put it in an antique store on consignment. Or just put an ad in your local paper or Penny Saver.

How do I write a contract for someone who wants to pay a deposit and then pick up the items later, Craigslist?




Dinosaur


I have a bedroom set and some sofas. The people want to pay a deposit and then pick it up in 1 week. Where can I find a contract? Also, what if they get injured while moving the furniture up some stairs we have here. Should I include something about this in the contract?


Answer
First be sure that this is a real deposit and not a scam one. There are a lot of scammers out there that will offer to pay you a deposit with a little overage and then you give them the overage back and turns out the entire check is no good. In case you don't get what I mean read http://www.howtobeatcraigslist.uni.cc and check out all the scams they have listed there, it's just amazing the stuff people will do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I find out how much a bedroom set and dining room set (both 50+ years old) are worth to sell?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment