Saturday, May 4, 2013

What shipping option should I use on Ebay for large items?

Q. I've got 2 teen/children bedroom sets: 2 beds, nightstands, dressers, and matresses. When I first listed the items, I put them up for local pickup because shipping would probably cost a lot.

A. Shipping items like this are very expensive. In addition they will need to be boxed. I would suggest Craigslist or Backpage.com locally.


How much does bedroom furniture (decent quality wood) depreciate each year?
Q. I need to sell my bedroom set....king memory foam mattress, head and foot boards, nine drawer dresser with a mirror and two night stands with two drawers each.

I purchased the set in 2005 for $5000.00

A. The best thing to do is to get on to Craigs List, Backpage.com and Ebay. See what similar pieces are going for. There is no Blue Book value for furniture or mattresses. At best I would say you would be lucky to get 40 - 60 percent of origninal value.


Where do people buy "real" furniture in Southern California?
Q. I want to buy a bedroom set that will last, preferably for at least a couple generations, in solid wood. I don't want Ikea or anything like that. Where do you buy your furniture? Any tips on good, discount furniture?

A. Ethan Allan has really good stuff, but its really expensive. Stuff made out of real wood (not pine or particle board) is fairly pricey. Wicks has some decent stuff. We priced out a nice mahogany bedroom set there with a queen sleigh bed, highboy dresser, and a pair of nightstands which came out to about $3500. I'd say stay away from Levitz. I bought a recliner from them that fell apart within 2 years. My wife fell in love with a sleigh bed from Thomasville. without the matress it was $2500. I found a guy on ebay selling the exact same bed that was 6 months old for 1500 with a nice beauty rest matress. I went for it, but had to pay a few hundred to have it shipped from NYC to Los Angeles. You might try that though, look around in the high-dollar stores, note the maker and model number then look to see who might have it on ebay or maybe an internet retailer.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What shipping option should I use on Ebay for large items?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment