Thursday, May 2, 2013

Does anyone know how warranty's work on furniture that are faulty in design?

Q. I purchased a bedset from Art Van last Feb. My bedframe keeps cracking right down the face of the bed posts. I've had my bed replaced twice now and it's not even a year old yet. I just found out that I have not recieved a new warranty with these beds and my warranty will expire next month. Anyone know what I can do about this? Is there any way I can get them to take this bedroom set back and replace it with a different style? They are supposed to have a 5 year warranty I can buy for $100, but they say I could only buy that within 30 days of recieving the bed, even if they would allow me to buy it now should I, I will just end up with a bed that's split in 5 years right? Any help is appreciated!

A. Not only would I call, as Uncle Bob advised, but I would also write a detailed letter of complaint. Find out who the letter should be directed to and send it "registered mail."

In the letter, be as detailed and specific as possible. State the facts, and send pictures if you can. Give dates, contacts, etc. and anything else that would be of help.

Keep your letter professional and to the point. End it by stating precisely what you expect the company to do. Don't make any threats, just say something like..." In view of the problems I have outlined, I would like your company to ......". Here you can say "replace the defective furniture with another style," if that's what you want. Be assertive without being rude, but make your dissatisfaction very clear and your request for resolution concise and emphatic.

Good luck.


Furniture stores in michigan?
Q. I'm in the market for some new furniture. I like the deals from Gardner white with the big picture package.( because i need a whole new set and tv) and from art van. But is there anybody else out there that does these kind of deals? I'm trying to keep my options open
Thanks!

A. As far as physical stores are concern, so I don't have idea about it.

If you are looking for a unique bedroom furniture online at cheaper prices then I would suggest you to try Joss and Main, since it is a great place to start when you’re shopping for the great interior design concepts. There range of products includes beautiful furniture, lighting mechanics, accents, flourishes, beautifying trinkets that all make up for a good living home: http://www.riocoupon.com/jossandmain/coupons


How can I get a moldy smell out of the finish on some wood furniture?
Q. I purchased a brand new bedroom set from Art Van Furniture and about 6 months after I bought it I started smelling mold in the bedroom. It is not inside of the drawers or the back sides and none of the clothes that come out of it smell like mold but all of the stained surfaces smell like mold, even the headboard. I had 2 servicemen come out and they couldn't smell it but everyone that comes in my house can smell it. The smell goes away for a few days after I clean it with bleach but then comes back & the finish is being ruined with the bleach. Art Van Refuses to replace it even though I bought an extended warranty and they told me they won't send anyone else out and closed my case so now I am stuck with pretty but smelly furniture. Any suggestions?

A. Use white vinegar instead of bleach. Bleach will not kill mold. Vinegar will kill 80% of all mold types. Even better, tea tree oil kills almost all of it.

Bleach is the absolutely wrong thing to use; it will damage the wood and mold actually thrives off it. Anyone who knows anything about mold remediation will tell you never to use bleach.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know how warranty's work on furniture that are faulty in design?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment