Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ceiling Fan Installation where there is no exisiting fixture?

Q. My husband and I would like to install a ceiling fan in our bedroom. Only problem is there is not an existing light fixture in the ceiling. Would this be expensive to have an electrician install all this? Before we set up any estimates I wanted to figure out if it was too expensive for us to consider.

A. Installing a ceiling fan is not too difficult, even if you don't have a fixture. A local, residential electrician should be able to take care of the wiring and set up for under $300.00. The will have to fish the wires, install a mounting box and possible a new box for switches to control the fan. I don't know of any way to do it cheaper unless your husband is a real handy man. Check out http://www.ceilingfantasia.com for ceiling fan reviews, guides and more. They have some really cool stuff on there.


How can i remodle my room on a cheap budget?
Q. My budget: about 200 or 300 dollars, lees is better!
room: light brown, 2nd master bedroom
i have 2 twin beds in it, a table, bookcase, dresser, nightstand
on my walls i only have my panaramic 8th grade picture
i'm planning to buy a collage.....
on one of my walls i have 3 pictures on it
it's really plain

A. At Target for under $20:
-- $4.48 Pom Pom Door Curtain
--$5.09 Surf Guy 2-Pocket Pillow - don't know why it's called Surf Guy but it's a cool beige throw pillow with a pocket (I think it snaps close)
--$9.99 Room Essentials Body Pillow and Cover Collection - comes in large dots pattern, choice of blue or pink shades
--$10.49 Roommates Celestial Glow-In-The-Dark Appliqué
--$10.99 4" Flameless Candle - scents = spiced pear (green), apple cider (red), harvest spice (yellow)
--$12.99 11.25" "Hip In a Hurry" wall decals (ignore the dumb name) "Rock Star" package are decals teardrops with designs in them such as guitars, flames, skulls, the phrase "Rock Star", etc., "My Tunes" package are silhouettes of people playing instruments and singing on mics, "Blue Dots" package are decals of blue stars with patterns in each (e.g. dots, stripes, flowers, gingham, etc.), and many other packages to choose from
--Mohawk Home Shag Starch Woven Rug - Tan, $14.24 for 20x32", $28.49 for 30x48"
--$14.99 Purple Flowers 10-Light String
--$14.99 Hanging Star Light - Blue or Silver
--Dror Dot Sheet Set - Purple or Dark Green, twin $15, full $24
--$15.99 Roommates Express Yourself Appliqué - Blue or Pink (capital letter wall stickers)
--$17.49 Quilted Throw - Red (50x60")
--$19.98 Liberty Hardware 7" Shadowboxes Set of 2 - Green, Pink, Yellow or Blue (these make great wall shelves)
--$19.99 5-Head Floor Lamp - shades of pink (they probably have other colors)
--$19.99 Revolving Desktop Organizer


My family room carpet is filthy. I wanna get it professionally steamcleaned, will it help at all ?
Q. When I mean filthy it is very dirty. I'm just wondering can a rug be so dirty that a professional steamclean won't help at all ? If it helps even just a little, I will get it done.

A. I just had my rugs professionally done today and it made a really huge difference. ! The carpet smells clean and fresh and all the stains came out.. .I'm getting a few cans of scothguard tomorrow and spraying the high traffic areas so they don't stain so badly ! I had 2 bedrooms/ 1 set of stairs and a hallway a livingroom/diningroom combo done and it cost under $160 it would've been an additional $40 to have stainguard and some other "treatment" done.. Stanley Steamer's quote was roughly $400 + gas... A local "green" family outfit was around $250-$300... So, I think we did all right.. Call around and get some estimates... It really does help.. I've rented a steamer and it's ok but, not as good... Good luck





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ceiling Fan Installation where there is no exisiting fixture?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment