Tuesday, April 30, 2013

We are looking for ideas on how to set up the master bedroom without dressers or nightstands.?

Q. Our new place has lots of closets and storage. We are thinking of not going with the norm of bedroom sets and do something different. Suggestions welcome!
We are also not planning on having a television in the room. Any other ideas?

A. I guess it would depend on how big the room is. If you're planning on buying a new bed you could up-size as long as it doesn't overpower the room. A chaise lounge would be really pretty and you could put a floor lamp next to it for reading. You might also consider a tall mirror - either one you can lean against a wall or a free-standing one. You don't want the room to look too plain so curtains would add some color. Are you putting a TV in the room? An armoire would look good and add some height to the room.


What is a good adhesive remover on wood that won't discolor or damage it?
Q. I made the mistake of using scotch tape and labels on an expensive red wood bedroom set when I put it in storage serveral years ago. I took it out from storage recently, but find it difficult to remove the label and tape and don't want to chance damaging the fine wood.

A. I always use Goo Gone on everything. I would use it on a spot that is hidden first to test it, but I would think it would work.


Girl and boy sharing bedroom decorating advice?
Q. My two kids. are 7 year olds and will be sharing a room. One a girl and one a boy. What are some cute bedroom sets that will go together well or were meant to be together, that will look great in their room.

A. I wouldn't go with a theme, I would make it colorful, like paint the walls and have neutral curtains and light fixtures but I would be sure that they each had a shelf or some kind of storage to call their own that they can have their things on. I would keep the bedspreads the same color but put pillows and little touches that are different on the beds. For example, a red ladybug pillow for her and a red car pillow for him. The ideas are endless in my head right now. I'm sure you'll come up with something great and they'll love it. Take care.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: We are looking for ideas on how to set up the master bedroom without dressers or nightstands.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment