Wednesday, May 1, 2013

How do I get two tv's hooked up to my single directv/tivo hr10-250?

Q. When I hook my hr10-250 up to my tv via hdmi it will no longer broadcast tv through any of the other outputs. What is the best way to get a signal to my non hdmi set in the bedroom?

A. Don't use HDMI. Use component. Then you can send the second set S or composite.


How long should a husband go without sex from his wife?
Q. Is there a limit to how long a man should go without sex from his wife? Let's say he has sex on average every two months.Maybe 2 a month is outstanding! Is that cruel? Should a husband have to put up with this type of behavior? Say they have a child who is 10. And say the are very religious Christians. What should the man do?

A. OneBrilliantMan:

Every couple and every relationship is different. There are no hard-and-fast rules about the appropriate amount of sex in a marriage. No one can tell you what the limit is or how long a man should wait.

Healthy relationships have a healthy sexual component - regardless of religious affiliation, age of the children or age of the marriage. If your sex life is unsatisfactory, then there are problems in your marriage. Problems in the bedroom are most often indicative of problems elsewhere in the relationship.

My advice: figure out how to reach your wife. You need to set the stage for a very serious conversation with your wife. You need to be sensitive. Ask open-ended questions, and LISTEN to what she is saying. My guess is that there is a reason or a number of reasons why she is not putting out. You need for her to tell you what those reasons are and how you can help rectify the situation. It may be that you're not romantic enough. It may be that she no longer feels sexy. It may be the she has lost interest in sex. It may be that she asked you to do something that was important to her that you did not do, and now she's resentful. You need to figure out what is wrong.

In the end, if you cannot establish a line of communication with your wife, one that leads to the two of you being better partners for each other, the sex is the least of your marriage's ills. If both parties are not able to communicate and solve problems, then you need to ask yourself if the marriage is worth maintaining.

Good luck!


Is it okay to use cheap speakers with a sound surround Receiver?
Q. I just got my mom a sound surround receiver for her birthday, and wasn't planning on getting any new speakers until xmas for her. But the guy at my future shop told me that if she where to use her cheap speakers that came with her dvd player, it would fry the Receiver? I just wanted to know if this was true, or if the guy was trying to milk more money from me?

A. This is possible, but at the same time, we don't have enough information to make that call.

Many home theater in a box speaker, like the ones that came with your Mom's DVD player, are 2 and even 3 ohm speakers. But most component surround sound receivers only accommodate 4 to 8 ohm speakers. Trying to connect the higher impedance speakers to the receiver can cause damage.

I would also like to point out that most component receivers are higher wattage than HTiB speakers like the ones you have. This means you can easily blow the speakers if you aren't super careful.

Congratulations on getting away from an HTiB and transitioning into a real receiver. This is a wise move. You will get better sound and longer enjoyment out of it. But I do recommend getting some real speakers whenever you can. Even if you just start off with a simple speaker package like these Yamaha speakers.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=5.1+speaker+system+yamaha&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1343&bih=663&wrapid=tlif131043571375910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7663131366716535615&sa=X&ei=n6kbTo3qN8rIgQeRhY3dCQ&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA#

Another great place to find speakers is on Ebay and Craigslist. There is nothing wrong with a set of used speakers as long as they sound good. I literally have thousands of dollars invested in my living room and bedroom speakers alone, and most of them were used when I got them.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get two tv's hooked up to my single directv/tivo hr10-250?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment