Monday, May 6, 2013

What do *you* keep in your nightstand drawers?

Q. I've just purchased my first nightstand as part of a new bedroom set. The drawers have remained empty for 2 weeks because I don't have any idea what is "supposed" to go in there.

A. Well I have weird stuff if mine, like cocoa butter lotion, deodorant, nail file, nail polish, Q-tips, Band-Aids, and my husbands beard trimmer- top drawer. Heating pad in the bottom drawer. On top I have a phone, alarm clock, tissues, and a candle.

Some suggestions for you would also include a good book, lip balm, Listerine breath strips or your favorite mints, lotions, oils, personal items of choice, pen, writing pad...etc.

Don't worry, after a time stuff will just accumulate in them and you will wonder how all that crap got in there! lol


What should I put on bedroom dresser?
Q. I just bought a new bedroom set. The dresser looks bare; any suggestions? Also, what kind of lamp should I use for the night stand? Keep in mind it's a large, wide night stand. A tall skinny lamp or a fatter one?

A. No need to clutter your new dresser. I would just get some nice picture frames and put a family picture or two on the dresser. Balance the picture(s) with a tall candle holder, a vase of flowers or a plant. If your bedroom gets a lot of light, a Phalaenopsis orchid would look lovely. Look for one with healthy looking roots and leaves and quite a few buds. Water it thoroughly once a week, but don't get water on the leave (if you do, wipe it off especially any water that gets in the center) and the orchid should stay in bloom for at least 2 months. Trader Joes, Loews, Home Depot and Costco often carry orchids at very reasonable prices ($10-$15). Orchids last a lot longer than a bouquet of flowers.

If your nightstand is wide, I would suggest a lamp with a large round or oval base. Be sure to purchase the lamp from a store that has a cash refund policy, in case the lamp you purchase does not look good once you get home.


What color of furniture can I buy to match my mahogany platform bed?
Q. The bed only came with the 2 nightstands, it looks very nice and sleek but I don't know what other color to use. I need a dresser or a 5 or 6 drawer chest for my clothes. The walls in my room are off white. Im trying to keep it simple and modern looking. Maybe a few frames in black/white pictures. Any help. Only serious replies.

A. Mahogany can go towards the red or brown shades so I wish there was a picture. There is a bedroom set in black that Ashley has that has a brown wood top and comes in two dressers and a wardrobe that you could try, but it is more cottage style with round feet. I would go black for a modern look. Wicker could go too. The furniture stores have such great deals now it is worth walking through a few and snapping some pics with your phone and holding it up at home. Remember you don't want to just like it - furniture is a long term commitment! Be sure you love it and it suits the storage needs you have. Otherwise, I often think it looks modern and streamlined to do a California closets type of treatment and have no dressers - just built ins. then you can put up some beautiful artwork or a mirror or a tv over an electric fireplace and play up the romance with the added spaciousness. A rug and chair in front of the fireplace is what I did and I love the feel.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do *you* keep in your nightstand drawers?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment