Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My dimmer lights are not working with the new bulbs I got.?

Q. I have the lights in my bedroom set on a dimmer... they are indoor floodlights.... I bought 4 new indoor floodlight bulbs all 65 watt and i am sure they all work... i now cannot dim the lights... do i need a special bulb to work with the dimmer?

A. Dimmer bulbs are available with Wipro & Philips


How can I decorate nursery for soon-to-have baby when six year old step-daughter shares the same room?
Q. I have six year old step-daughter, she lives with her mom so my husband and I only get her maybe two weekends a month. We have the second bedroom set up for her, but I am pregnant with our first child together and I don't know if we can quite afford a three bedroom home. How can I decorate this nursery? If we only get my husband's daughter once or twice a month, is it wrong to just leave her bed in there and her toys and go ahead and decorate the nursery for the baby as I want? I don't want to push her out or her to be jealous of the baby. What do you think? Any ideas?

A. Yikes, I frankly don't think there is any possible way the step-daughter won't be jealous and resentful having "her" room redecorated to accomodate the baby. Possibly listening to her input regarding color choices or theme could help. I think I'd set up a corner of my house with a desk that she helps choose and fill the desk with special craft materials that she helps to select. I'd make as big a deal out of setting up her desk as I would fixing up the nursery. I'd emphasize that the desk is only for big girls and babies can't get into it. Frankly, however, I think I'd move to a bigger place as soon as I could afford it. Good luck with your expanding family


where can i find good quality furniture that is not too expensive?
Q. i need a couch (preferrably a sectional) and i need a bedroom set

A. I would check in the yellow pages for an oulet furniture store in your area. I managed a furniture store for 2 years and still bought my furniture from a local outlet. Alot of outlets carry the same brands as upscale stores but the pieces are either special orders that came in wrong, too many of an item, discontinued items, etc. You can usually talk them down on price as well. If you find an outlet and have any questions on brands and prices, send me an email.


How do i get my 3 got on 4 year old daughter to sleep in her own bed?
Q. I have been trying to get my daughter to sleep in her bed for like 2 1/2 years and she will sleep in her bed MAYBE 1 time a month if i am lucky and when i get her to sleep in there she normaly will end up in my bed in a couple hours. We have tried everything. we bought her a brand new dora bed set, my father even bought her a brand new bedroom set and nothing works. i even have went as low as telling her santa wont bring her gifts in she dont sleep in her bed.Help lol i cant take it anymore!
thats a good question i dotn know if she is sleep walking becuase she crys when she walks back to my room but when i talk to her and try to calm her down its like she dont hear me. and when i get her to lay back down she fall asleep fast and she starts talking in her sleep

A. First off plan to lose some sleep yourself while doing this. At bedtime, make sure she has had quiet time and a warm bath before entering her room, leave a nightlight and a radio on softly for her. Do you still have your nursery monitor? Plug it back in and tell her that you can hear her if she really needs you, but that big girls sleep in their beds and since she is a big girl it is time. Read her a soft short story while she is tucked in, kisses goodnight, and then say as you are leaving, "I am going to my bed, please stay in yours like we talked about." Leave the room, if she gets up walk her back to bed, and repeat "you are a big girl sleep in here please." Walk out. Repeat as necessary each time she leaves her own bed, but do not stay in her room, and as hard as it will be just tough it out. It could take up to a week before you finally get a good nights sleep, but remember to congratulate her when she has succeeded in the morning. You could make it a treat for her by buying a special big girl book she would like and using it that night at story time.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My dimmer lights are not working with the new bulbs I got.?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment