Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How much money should I ask for my used clothes on Ebay?

Q. Saying 'used' sounds kind of gross. Most of what I'm selling has either not been worn at all or has been worn maybe once or twice. How much should I set my minimum bit for? For shirts? Jeans? Dresses? Shoes? What percent of the retail value I mean. Would having picures up significantly increase my number of bidders?

A. I sold nearly my entire high school and middle school wardrobe on eBay and used the money to purchase a whole new wardrobe for college/work, so it can be done. I charge about $6 - $8 per shirt. Unless it's is a really expensive brand like Anthropologie or J.Crew, you won't get any more than that. For dresses, you can charge $15 - $20 and shoes $8 - $12.

Take lots of photos. Try modeling your clothes, invest in a dress form, or photograph them in a nice staged area. I built a little photo studio in my bedroom.


What clothes should be hung and which should be folded?
Q. Hey Guys,
So I have to built in wardrobes in my bedroom, one with shelves and one with a rack to hang clothes. I am just curious to what type of clothes should be folded and which should be hung.
Such as:
T-shirts - Folded
Hoodies - Folded
Kind of set out like that so it's simple and easy to understand.
Additional information will be added if necessary!
Thank you!
Natalie x :)

A. T shirts- folded
Socks, underwear etc- folded
Hoodies- Hung
Dress shirrts/formal- hung
Dresses- hung
Skirts- folded
Jackets/coats- hung
Cardigans- hung
Jeans- folded
leggings- folded
jumpers- either, doesn't really matter.
Swimwear- folded.
Pjs- Folded


How to completely change my style without seeming like a poser?
Q. I guess I'll get this out of the way, for years I've lived in sweats and such, and I've been getting things to change my style into that of a tumblr girl. II really love what I'm becoming because it feels like it's my style. No, I'm not a poser. I'm not doing this to be cool or liked. I'm doing this because I genuinely want to and I love the style. Because I am very socially anxious and awkward I have no clue how to change my style without people notice the transition.

I have everything need (skinny jeans, leggings, sweaters, red lipstick, mascara, thick brown hair and the base of a bedroom, complete with a bed, desk and book case) but I am puzzled as to what to decorate my bedroom with, and as to what else I can incorporate into my wardrobe to complete my desired style. Also, if you have any hair/makeup tips, that would be extremely helpful, but I think I can manage by myself if you don't have any.

Just to help you, this is a link to a room I like:
http://data.whicdn.com/images/47489225/tumblr_mfrpjqi7re1qjgz4ho1_500_large.jpg
And here's a link to some clothes I like:
http://www.polyvore.com/jadsf/set?id=65757739
http://www.polyvore.com/sdfghjhyuasdhjsf/set?id=63380817

So just to recap: how to start/do the whole change, any style tips and decorating tips would be appreciated.

Thank you so much ^_^

A. I don't think people will just immediately assume you're a poser, people change their styles all the time, it's just something you do until you find out what you like.

I changed my style about a year ago, and i just went right into it. It's a little easier if you start your change right after a break or a weekend, because then you've been away from people for a little bit and then you just come back all new. I'd just jump right in, your style is a way to express yourself, and if you think this style is you then show everyone else that :)

Style tips:
--maybe dye the tips of your hair, that seems to be pretty popular among my tumblr friends
--wear beanies :)
--fun shoes also seem to be pretty popular for this look (heels, boots, or patterned flats)
--i think the red lipstick look only works well if you have a fair complexion
--piercings are also pretty popular with this look, but you don't have to go that far

Honestly just have fun with the look, don't get so wrapped up in what the style actually is, just make it your own

Room Ideas:
--take a bunch of sharpies (or paint) and write your favourite quotes or poems or lyrics on the the walls
--christmas lights
--print out allll your favourite photos and make a photo wall
--my friend decorated a whole wall with sticky notes with reminders of her favourite things or memories.


good luck!


I put in a secret webcam and caught my 12 year old son dancing around in one of my sexy bra and?
Q. bikini panty sets and also wearing my cocktail dress and heels! It was both Hilarious and very weird!

I suspected someone had been into my lingerie but I was hoping it was one of his younger sisters.

What would you do?

A. Personally, I would do nothing. Making a big deal out of stuff like this often ends badly. Furthermore, telling him that you've been "spying" will knock a major dent in his trust. You don't want everyone to have that creepy "watched" feeling all the time, do you? On the other hand, I'm sure that you don't want to share your wardrobe with your son, so just discreetly get a lock for your bedroom door and if anyone asks about it, say that you think someone's been getting into your stuff. Ultimately, I think confessing to the webcam will make everyone feel angry and betrayed.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much money should I ask for my used clothes on Ebay?
Rating: 94% based on 1258 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment